Newbie help!

Options
Hi all! I am hoping you can help me here...I have done the first 3 workouts of (A,B,A) and am not sure I am doing it right. I'm not sure how much weight I should be using on ANYTHING! I don't even know where to start. I don't want to wander around the gym randomly picking weight. How did you all determine what was the best start weight? Thanks so much - SO excited for this program!

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    If you've done 3 workouts you should already have a good idea how much weight to use. I suggest you re-read pages 134-136 which address the topic "How much weight to use."
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I don't want to wander around the gym randomly picking weight. How did you all determine what was the best start weight?

That's what I did! :laugh: You only have to wander around trying things out once for each exercise.
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I started out with wimpy weights! My goal was to increase weights every workout. For example, I started Squats with the bar only. I quickly increased that the first two weeks. I ended phase one with 110lbs for squats. It is all about trial and error.
  • 26andholding
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. I will definitely read that section again. I guess I am so afraid of 'screwing it up!' My workouts started with the wimpy weights I had at home, as I couldn't make it to the gym. Guess I'll just go randomly find what I need - at least now I have worked on form and such. :-)
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Your last three reps of a set should be hard to get through. So if you get through all reps and could have done more, use more weight for the next set or the next time!
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Your last three reps of a set should be hard to get through. So if you get through all reps and could have done more, use more weight for the next set or the next time!

^^this if you have never lifted heavy before its all trial and error, good luck!! :smile: