Just Beginning-Support Needed

Options
mandybledsoe
mandybledsoe Posts: 43 Member
I just took the Fitness Test this morning, sadly just that wore me out lol. I have a long way to go, but I am dedicated so I will just keep doing it until I can do all the moves with good form and then work up to doing them as fast as possible. Any support or suggestions that you can give me will be much appreciated!

26061944.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Ha i could't even keep ut with the fitness test, then again i smoked for 16 years lol but its hard, i am today on my second week and need some motivation myself.
  • mandybledsoe
    Options
    Yep, I just quit smoking after ten years, know what you mean. Did the first day of Plyometric Cardio this morning.....yeah pretty much thought I was going to die but for some reason I am looking forward to tomorrows workout. I do like how I feel throughout the rest of the day (except for being sore)
  • lcn1220
    lcn1220 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Soreness will pass. Drink your water, don't skip the stretching and eat a good post recovery meal after the workouts. Hardest part of the program is getting past the first weeks of Month 1 and 2. :) Stick it through and you'll improve. The workouts will feel easier or more manageable as the weeks pass.

Keep at it you guys!
  • RotterdamNL
    Options
    I seriously hating plyometric cardio :) and when there are 2 plyo's in one week i switch one with a tapout xt session.

I quitted smoking cold turkey and the first couple days i thought my heart would burst out of my chest followed by my lunges.

First 3 days i could't walk normal hehe and the days after that could't move my arms normal ><

Now i don't have aches but i have to watch out with some stretches cause some moves are to hard for me atm and i overstrechted 2 times, 1 in my shoulder and yesterday with a triceps exercise 1 of my tricept overstrechted, both hurt like hell for 5 min.
  • STLWaffles
    Options
    I think the fit test kicked most people's butt the first time. Personally my nemesis in the first 2 weeks is the cardio power and resistance. It beats me up every time.
  • mandybledsoe
    Options
    2nd day of plyo cardio, I feel less accomplished than yesterday because I am so sore I couldn't do as much or as fast. I am not quitting though because if I am this sore than I MUST be doing something right lol.
  • STLWaffles
    Options
    What are you eating/drinking post workout? Are you using the recovery formula or something else? I personally use muscle milk. At the very least run to the supermarket and in the vitamin section pick up the potassium pills(eating bananas will work too). potassium really does help prevent soreness(wont cure it, for that use an NSAID).
  • jeolds
    jeolds Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You will be sore for the first week and maybe into the second. They are correct on drinking PLENTY of water and going for a recovery formula post workout. There are a lot of vitamins, minerals and such that it puts back into your system to help the muscles recover faster. If not using the Beachbody one, find a different one.

Make sure you balance your meals well enough to get as much as your vitamins from the food as you can and take a supplement as well as insurance. Just keep digging and pushing play. The effort will be worth it in the end.
  • mandybledsoe
    Options
    I have been eating bananas post workout along with a good breakfast, I take a really good multi-vitamin also in the AM. I need to look into the recovery formula though because even with all that it takes about an hour or two for the nausia to pass from the workout.
  • snipalicous
    Options
    I am right there with you. Today is day 3 of my first week and I feel like I'm going to die!! I can't even make it through an entire workout yet :/ but I have to figure a way to make myself keep going. I can't do my workout's until the evening, when I am already tired. I am so sore that I can't even complete everything. What is a good recovery that I can get from GNC, I tried Muscle milk and I almost puked...
  • RotterdamNL
    Options
    Hehe girls keep it going, as i said, i quitted soming after 16 years and overweight= no air at all and pain!!
    My who first week every part of my body have been aching and sore, but now i am on day 3 of the second week and i am not sore anymore and i noticed i can keep up alot more than last week :)
  • mandybledsoe
    Options
    Day 4 of Insanity, it's starting to get a little better. By that I mean I only almost passed out afterwards lol. Started drinking a Visalis shake after I work out and it seems to give me my vitamins back fast enough so I don't feel sick too long.
  • RotterdamNL
    Options
    lol, i don't take any shakes, after insanity i take a multivitamine pill with water and then i drink a cup of green tea :)