Aug Whole30 peeps

Options
beckkotsch
beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
How is everyone doing??

I'm doing well. Need to cut out a serving of fruit a day though, I think. I feel like I'm slacking on my fat intake these last couple days so today, I've attempted to bump that back up. My sleeping is getting better as we go along and that's pretty exciting for me. Hmmmm....oh, I still haven't weighed in since the 1st and that's pretty big for me. Also,nI stopped logging food last week and that's almost freeing:)

Hope everyone is doing well!

Replies

• Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Doing good! I stopped logging too, but only for a few days!
  • beckie32536
    beckie32536 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I feel like I should cut back on the fruit a bit and add some additional fat in its place because my overall carbs are a bit higher than I'd like some days. I'm just not sure what to have when I have the need for a quick late night snack. Grapes, cherries, or blueberries sprinkled with some shredded coconut seem to fit the bill.

Unfortunately, I'm addicted to the scale. I've managed to pretty much cut back to only once a week.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    The fruit thing is tough for me too. All the best stuff is in season right now! I'm trying to keep it to one serving a day but man when it's hot, a nice cold piece of fruit is refreshing!

I've been having trouble keeping off the scale too. I weighed this morning but didn't log (don't know if I should) and I am intent on not weighing again until this is over! I'm on day 16 so I don't have long, but giving up the scale is harder than no cheese or wine lol
  • treatgirl
    treatgirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    9 days to go for me; I started a little early so I would be done by my birthday (cunning). I've managed not to cheat (had some milk in coffee by accident, they added it to my order and then put a lid on. I only took one sip though so I'm not going to count that!).

I have definitely been sleeping better, my skin is the best I can remember it being, and I have lost weight.

Looking forward to the end next week I have to admit. It's my birthday weekend so planning some treats, and probably won't log, but after that back on it I think until a wedding I'm going to in mid-September.

Well done everyone, and do feel free to add me as a friend!
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    On day 4 on the whole30, so far so good. Thinking about not logging anymore and not using my hrm, just to make things a little easier. Love the way I feel, belly is flatter, can hardly wait to see what things look like after 30 days are up!
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options
    Hubs yesterday said "have you lost any weight doing this because it sure looks like you have!" YAY! Really wanted to get on the scale this morning but I resisted. I'm thinking of doing a second round when I'm done (I'm on day 17) but I haven't decided yet. I really miss cheese
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options
    Oh, anyone else's nails growing like crazy? I've always had slow growing, kinda soft nails and they are super hard and grow really fast now! Definitely another plus :)
  • beckkotsch
    Options
    I only had ONE serving of fruit yesterday! It's a miracle! haha We went out last night and I forgot to order my side salad w/o cheese so I had to pick it off...I remember to order my burger with no cheese or mayo though! :)

Every morning I want to weigh in so bad! If I can get past the urge in the a.m., I'm normally good but man, do I want to see if there is any progress in the weight dept!
  • beckkotsch
    Options
    Oh, anyone else's nails growing like crazy? I've always had slow growing, kinda soft nails and they are super hard and grow really fast now! Definitely another plus :)

I don't know that my nails are growing faster but they def feel stronger! Definite plus!
  • beckkotsch
    Options
    Today is my halfway mark!! I caved today and weighed myself. I think it was the boost I needed to get through this last halfthough so I'm trying not to feel guilty over it. I also went grocery shopping so hopefully I can come up with some yummy food!

How is everyone else doing?
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options
    I weighed today too lol. That seriously is the hardest thing to avoid! I'm down to once a week weigh ins instead of daily so that cool. And you're right... Seeing a lower number totally is a boost!

I'm on day 18, and I've got my rhythm down but a little chunk of cheese would be fabulous right about now. Milk and yogurt...meh.. But my salads are a little sad without some crumbled blue cheese.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I totally messedup my whole 30 diet so I am starting over, but glad that I know better now.
  • chammich
    chammich Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Day 5 for me..any can add me as a friend. Love to chat with other Paleo peeps.
  • beckkotsch
    Options
    Day 17 in the books. The last couple days I've really been craving weird things. It's annoying:)

We're going to be moving next month so I hope the stress from it doesn't cause me problems!
  • beckie32536
    beckie32536 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm trying hard to get back to Whole 30 eating today. Despite the move being disruptive, I didn't do too awful on my eating. I was able to stay primal, just not Whole 30.
  • blinkinglight
    Options
    I'm on day 20!

I'm not weighing myself either. It's hard!

I think I have been allowed myself too much dried fruit and/or dates when I'm craving sugar. I really need to stay on top of this and not give into my sugar cravings with sugar!
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options
    Today is day 23 for me and this weekend was hard! I was going to belping my sister and her husband move on sat, but she ended up going into labor Fri night. So instead of just HELPING move, my husband, my brother and myself did ALL the moving. After that we cleaned up and went to the hospital. Then on Sundays back to the apartment with some more stuff and back to the hospital. So this weekend I put 800 or so miles on my car, burned a ton of calories carrying boxes up and down staircases, and got to meet my nephew yay! We didn't have too much time to eat so I did the best I could... I mostly pulled it off except for Saturday: I had a bite of ice cream after not eating for like 8hrs or so. It was one bite, and it was made of real heavy cream and not milk, and didn't have any crazy stuff. So it was primal legal, but not whole30. I didn't stop counting my days and start over from day 1 but I probably should
  • beckkotsch
    Options
    Day 20 here. Saturday was rough for me. I woke up with a headache that I battled all day. We went to a bday party where I only drank my water. I SO wanted to go to a Mexican restaurant and dive face first into chips and salsa, a HUGE margarita and fried ice cream and/or sopapillas! haha I really had the thought of just saying "fack it". Thankfully I didn't cave! I feel uber stressed today with moving stuff and on top of it we lost our power for 2 hours.
  • beckkotsch
    Options
    Day 21......anyone else ready for this to be over? haha I don't find it that difficult but it'd be nice to not have to be so anal about what you eat without feeling even more guilty! Also, I feel good but I don't feel like I've had that "life changing" moment yet. Do you think it's b/c I ate mostly primal before I did this?? I still need to work on my nightly fruit habit. And that makes me sad:)
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options
    I'm ready for it to be over! I'd totally kill for a steak salad with chunky blue cheese right about now lol. I'm with you though... I don't know if I've had that life changing moment either. I know I'm going to eat this way.. Well, eat primary.., for the rest of my life because I do feel amazing, but not like climb the highest mountain amazing. I know that glass of wine I'm planning to have in a week is gonna taste reaaaally good lol