Keto Menu Review

Options
I've had relative success the KETO diet. I subscribe to the 60%fat/35%protein/5%carbs rule. I have difficulty getting my FAT calories above my Protein calories almost everyday. I'd like to see someone else's daily caloric intake that has had success with Keto. I'm doing low-impact cardio everyday and lifting 3 days/week.

Any feedback you can give me would be very helpful.

Here's a typical menu:

Bkfst: 2 T Natural Peanut Butter, 1 T Flax Seed Oil
24g Whey Protein (3g Carbs)

Lunch: Chicken breast deli meat (8-10oz) or Tuna (8oz) with Celery, Mayonaise and Dill relish and a green salad (just lettuce.)

Dinner: 10-12oz ground turkey, mayo.

I drink massive amounts of water everyday.

Replies

• LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I'm 10% carbs but I still get to ~ 60% F daily. Feel free to look.
  • dovek11
    dovek11 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Looking at your menu, you could stir a tablespoon or more healthy oil into your mayo you eat at lunch and dinner.

Breakfast:
    3 eggs scrambled in
    2 Tablespoons coconut oil

Lunch:
    1 avocado (high in good fat!)

Supper:
    8 oz minced boiled chicken breast
    1 cup shredded lettuce
    1 cup chopped mixed veggies
    coconut oil/red wine vinegar dressing or
    homemade mayo
  • indyguy6600
    Options
    Thanks a lot for the good info! I appreciate it.
  • nikket3000
    nikket3000 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am the opposite. I have trouble keeping my protein up. I used to suppliment with protein shakes but the high amounts stall me out. Now I am about 70% fat for my macros. I use coconut oil in a lot of stuff, also whipping cream, cream cheese and other cheeses keep that ratio where it works for me. I also snack on macadamia nuts, avocado and try to squeeze butter sauces on all my veggies.
  • indyguy6600
    Options
    I'm new to Keto so I keep forgetting that I can actually HAVE cheese, butter, etc. lol Also, I'm a coffee drinker so I'm going to start adding some heavy whipping cream in the morning -- uhhh..YUM. I only recently discovered that TOO MUCH PROTEIN causes a stall, still learning this stuff but I feel great, and I'm totally committed.
  • nikket3000
    nikket3000 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If you like coffee, then you should totally try coconut oil in your coffee along with your cream. I like the taste of it and its great energy for the morning!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    eat some fattier meats!

have a steak, some country style pork ribs.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    eat some fattier meats!

I do that and I'm still having a tough time. Especially since most stores are so proud to sell only lean meats. It says so right on the sticker. Sigh. I had to reduce my pork and add olive oil today and I really should throw in some butter, too. Maybe tomorrow.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    eat some fattier meats!

I do that and I'm still having a tough time. Especially since most stores are so proud to sell only lean meats. It says so right on the sticker. Sigh. I had to reduce my pork and add olive oil today and I really should throw in some butter, too. Maybe tomorrow.

Your store doesn't have any pork roasts with fat on it, or steaks with big strip of fat down the side? I would change grocery stores
  • likeswhiskey
    Options
    I find mayonnaise helps in keeping fat calories up. In fact, sometimes I go a little overboard. I've been logging for only a couple of days, but I seem to be closer to 70% fat. Pounds are melting off, though.
  • 56waukazoo_KD
    Options
    Thanks for all the dietary comments......I am new to keto this week, and I have always been taught that FAT was the enemy. It is weird to now know I can have high fat foods ( in check ) and loss weight. My Proteins have been on the high side so far, so your comments really are helpful!:smile: