Loving Zumba but need to burn more calories

Options
I go to Zumba a min of 4 times a week and hope to become an instructor some time next year. I love it but lately find i am not out of breath or sweating as much in class even though i try to give it my all. I want to make sure im still burning enough calories since this is my primary source of cardio.

Replies

• Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I would recommend getting a HRM. This will let you know more accurately the amount of calories that you are burning while you do any workout. I bought a Polar FT4 last week and love it! I wore it to my 2 Zumba classes tonight!
  • BoohBaby
    BoohBaby Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello, I too have been doing zumba now for about 4 months now. I know all the moves to most of the songs. Sometimes when the instructor makes a mistake-she looks to me for guidance. I am still soaked in sweat when I'm done. I've lost a lot of weight doing this so now I am seeking something more challenging to add to my zumba classed to tone up and get rid of my belly fat. Zumba is awesome and tons of fun. I'm thinking of adding insanity to get ripped. What do you think?
  • lovinmomnwife
    Options
    I have been doing zumba for wii every morning for 3 days its def a work out lol but is very fun. I love how it makes u sweat so much that is how you kno its working.
  • foreversunshine1
    foreversunshine1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba as well. By far, it is the best of the cardio choices for me (keeps the boredom at bay and keeps me challenged).. I recently decided to change things up a bit to keep my muscles from getting used to things. I have changed out 2 of the zumba classes for a 30 minute arc trainer interval workout, followed by a 20 minute circuit training workout with weights. I have read a lot a bout the benefits of weight lifting with losing fat and keeping it off.

It has been 2 weeks since the change, my weight is still dropping and I am noticing muscle toning from the weight workout.
  • Reneefit135
    Options
    Hello, I too have been doing zumba now for about 4 months now. I know all the moves to most of the songs. Sometimes when the instructor makes a mistake-she looks to me for guidance. I am still soaked in sweat when I'm done. I've lost a lot of weight doing this so now I am seeking something more challenging to add to my zumba classed to tone up and get rid of my belly fat. Zumba is awesome and tons of fun. I'm thinking of adding insanity to get ripped. What do you think?

Both Insanity and Get Ripped (Jari Love) are great. My preference is Get Ripped but thats because i like lifting weights. I really see the difference in my body. But i am not losing as fast as i want so thinking of getting back into Insanity.