FOOD HELP PLEASE!! Need High Calorie Foods!

Options
autumnk921
autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
I put this on the news feed for my friends to see but would like any & everyones help with this!! Thanks in advance. :flowerforyou:

Good Morning!! I hope everyones week is going well w/lots of calories burned!! :happy:

I need some advice AGAIN...lol I am doing great with my IF & really enjoy it....I have been having an issue with food though and I need help finding some healthy foods (for 1 1/2 people...lol) b/c I really need more calories...I was just looking through my past food diaries and realized that on most days I am not NETTING above BRM which is NOT good...I have been tracking my weight on hackersdiet.com and realized that on the days that I eat less than my CUT and/or NET below BMR, the next day the scale shows it & on the days that I eat more & NET above BMR the scale is down some...

Thank goodness for EM2WL or I would never have realized this - So any help with this would be great...I eat the same things every day but the ONLY food that really gives me calories is Nutella Wraps, Nuts & of course Protein Shakes (which I love) but need other things to add in calories besides the sugary Nutella!! HELP PLEASE!! :blushing:

Any high calories but good for you foods would be great...I put 1 1/2 b/c of my 3yr old but I usually cook separate foods for him b/c I am so very picky...UGH!! That is part of my problem - Not a big meat eater, the only thing I like with protein is the shakes really. There are too many foods to list that I do NOT like b/c I am a weird eater - not much on big meals but I like to eat different foods at different times (even though they are catergorized together in my diary) I eat each thing at different times...Weird I know...:laugh:

Last thing...I just opened my diary for ALL to see in case anyone would like to check it out...Thanks!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• TonyaBtrfly
    TonyaBtrfly Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    How About cheese. lots of calories and protein!

:drinker:
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I don't know how picky you are on your macros, but when I need my calories up my go to's are healthy fats. I tend to have pumpkin seeds, almonds (or any nut or sees really), avocado peanut butter. All quite healthy and does hold protein in it. Quinoa can actually be quite caloric as well as oatmeal. Eggs? Sorry, I didn't look at your diary so I'm unaware of what you already eat :). Fish is also good! (and other meats too, but I actually quite dislike meat so I'm not vouching for how delicious lol)
    :) that's what I got lol
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Great ideas so far ladies!!! Thanks!!:happy:

I am thinking that maybe since I eat the SAME things each and EVERY DAY that maybe I should have at least one CHEAT day a week...I have never done that before b/c like I said I eat the SAME things all of the time...Maybe different foods with more calories will shock my system too? Not sure...I just need to quit being so damn picky...:grumble:

I will tell you exactly what I eat each day:

1: 1/2 bowl of sugar free oatmeal w/ground flaxseed & a touch of cinnamon & very little light butter.
    2: 1 whole bag of Green Giant Veggie Steamers (Each bag has 3 servings of 2/3cup & I eat 1/2 a bag 2x/day.
    3: Usually 1/8 cup lightly salted peanuts w/unsalted peanuts (1/4cup).
    4: Nutella Wraps = Usually 1 a day (tortilla w/1.5 tbsps of Generic Nutella)-1 srvg is 2tbsps(sometimes to get more cals I will eat another one...UGH!!)
    5: 2 or 3 protein shakes - 1 pre-workout, 1 big one post-workout, 1 at night (this makes up most of my daily calories) I use 1/2 cup of 1% milk & the rest water in each shake.
    6: 1/2 cup of 1% milk each day w/water added in.
    7: Water all day w/less than a tsp of flavor in each 20oz bottle.

This is what I eat EVERY SINGLE DAY with very few variations at all - If ever. I am a very boring eater. :embarassed:
  • Settuccini
    Options
    Umm, just throwing out some ideas. They may or may not have been mentioned.

Nuts, peanut butter, full fat milk, full fat greek yogurt, chia seeds, flaxseed, protein powders, avocados, cheese, beans, oatmeal.

I personally sometimes like to enjoy what I call an Ultra Superfood! But only when my intake allows it and I want something sweet that's not too filling but (very) dense in calories.

I use PB2 peanut butter, which lowers the calories significantly, but:
    In a blender, mix: 4-6 pitted dates, 2 TBSP PB2, 1 TBSP cocoa, 1 TBSP flax seed, 1 TBSP chia seeds, 2 TSP Stevia, 4~ TBSP water, 1 TBSP rolled oats (optional), 1 TBSP almonds/walnuts (optional). Then blend.

It comes out to around 350 Calories, 43g Carbs, 10g Fat, 14g Protein, 15g Fiber.

Unfortunately, my problem is different from yours. I have trouble with carbs, and am always WAY over proteins/fat. D: Love me some meats! Of course, this recipe is super calorie dense and dates come with lots of natural sugars. Overall, though, the entire recipe is natural and is a VERY tasty sweet treat. Healthy fats, fiber, and protein!