New to this group, am I doing this right?

I just want to see if I'm doing this right. My current BMR is 1580. I exercise about 3-5 hours a week so my activity level is moderately active. So that means I'd multiply 1580 by 1.55 to get my TDEE which is 2449. I already know what the BMR and TDEE are and the part I'm a little confused about is the Cut. When I subtract 15% from the TDEE then I get: 2449 - 15% = 2082. Does this mean my daily calories should be 2082 on days I don't exercise or every day whether I exercise or not?

I usually strive to net my BMR. I have my food diary open if anyone needs to see what I've been doing. At first I have my calorie intake set to 1800 but I just bumped it up to 2000...I should probably eat 2000 calories on days I don't exercise, and when I do exercise just eat back my exercise calories. Is this correct? Or should I just eat back a portion of my exercise calories?

Replies

• azalais7
    azalais7 Posts: 187 Member
    I just want to see if I'm doing this right. My current BMR is 1580. I exercise about 3-5 hours a week so my activity level is moderately active. So that means I'd multiply 1580 by 1.55 to get my TDEE which is 2449. I already know what the BMR and TDEE are and the part I'm a little confused about is the Cut. When I subtract 15% from the TDEE then I get: 2449 - 15% = 2082. Does this mean my daily calories should be 2082 on days I don't exercise or every day whether I exercise or not?

I usually strive to net my BMR. I have my food diary open if anyone needs to see what I've been doing. At first I have my calorie intake set to 1800 but I just bumped it up to 2000...I should probably eat 2000 calories on days I don't exercise, and when I do exercise just eat back my exercise calories. Is this correct? Or should I just eat back a portion of my exercise calories?

Eat your cut (2082) regardless of exercise. Don't eat back calories UNLESS not doing so would take you under net BMR.
  • fitfunk
    fitfunk Posts: 119 Member
    It's funny, but every time I read a post like this, I have to go recalculate my numbers. I'll get the hang of this - someday!
  • fizzy123
    fizzy123 Posts: 220 Member
    It's funny, but every time I read a post like this, I have to go recalculate my numbers. I'll get the hang of this - someday!

This^^^^^