i know i am doing something wrong.

Options
danne32339
danne32339 Posts: 155 Member
I had gastric sleeve surgery June 4 and lost 20 pounds very quickly. But now not only have i been at a total stand still for the past three weeks, i gained a pound today. I am getting enough protein and I am under my calories. I am having trouble getting enough liquid in but that is the only thing I can think of that I am doing wrong. I would appreciate any comments or advice.
Thank you,
d

Replies

• ragslittle
    ragslittle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Just relax...you are just in a plateau. I remember this happening and thinking that I was the only one in the world that this surgery wasn't going to work on!! Keep logging and sticking with your plan and it will come....your body is just adjusting to losing so much so quickly.
  • babymine55
    babymine55 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Just relax...you are just in a plateau. I remember this happening and thinking that I was the only one in the world that this surgery wasn't going to work on!! Keep logging and sticking with your plan and it will come....your body is just adjusting to losing so much so quickly.

I completely agree! I would lose and then plateau quite often, still do to this day. Your body's hormones have to catch up, and, the fat cells in our bodies are going to do everything they can to HOLD ON!!

Only thing I can add is, change up your diet, check your sodium intake maybe.

Adding exercise to my routine has really really helped.

Your ok, your surgery didn't fail. You CAN do this!

Best wishes to you on your journey, feel free to add me if you are wanting/needing more support...I know I always do. ;)
  • Susann1963
    Susann1963 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Maybe open up your diary and we can see if we notice anything (like the sodium level mentioned above)
  • kidskart
    kidskart Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Mine plateued too! Your body is adjusting. On your calories, at that point my calories were no more than 600 a day. My protein was at almost 80. I am now 6 months out and my calories are only 800 and my protein is 100grams. I began my journey at 240lbs.

Maybe that will give you a reference point. I had a great nutritionist and I logged my food in MFP and then took a print out to him each month for review and tips. Every Dr is different but that is what worked for me.

Exercise is very important! You need muscle to burn fat. You also need water to carry that fat out of the body, so drink up!

Good luck!
    Lisa
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    wish someone had told me it was totally normal when I hit my first one too. I think everyone hits that first long stall and panics because we got use to the quick loss. Once you are past that first stall though the pattern seems to be drop a couple/few pounds bounce up and down between a pound or two for a week and then drop again. Just stay focused on keeping water, protein and vitamins and pouch will do the rest. Best of luck to you!
  • danne32339
    danne32339 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your advice and for your concern. Best of luck to all of you.