Question about consistency, calories intake and macro.

splashblob
splashblob Posts: 249 Member
Currently, I am now struggle to fit in my calories and my macro right. Yet it is either I got my macro right but I still have a whole lot calories to fill up or when I filled up my calories right, my macro just got all wrong. I have problem with too much fat and carb. I try to add more protein then it'd turn out to be that my calories allowance is over the limit, sometimes it is over 100kcal. I know it is important to eat all the food with consistency and so far I have tried to curb it so that it won't exceed 100kcal. Or if I removed all the fat and carb source, then my calories intake would be too low.

I'm not sweating going over or under 2-3 kcal calories per day but will it be alright if it happens everyday? I also know that we shouldn't be undereat, so does that means it is better to over eat? And how many calories or how many macro is too many to go over? 100kcal? 200kcal? 500kcal? I am just afraid that I am over eating so far.

Replies

• azalais7
    azalais7 Posts: 187 Member
    Currently, I am now struggle to fit in my calories and my macro right. Yet it is either I got my macro right but I still have a whole lot calories to fill up or when I filled up my calories right, my macro just got all wrong. I have problem with too much fat and carb. I try to add more protein then it'd turn out to be that my calories allowance is over the limit, sometimes it is over 100kcal. I know it is important to eat all the food with consistency and so far I have tried to curb it so that it won't exceed 100kcal. Or if I removed all the fat and carb source, then my calories intake would be too low.

I'm not sweating going over or under 2-3 kcal calories per day but will it be alright if it happens everyday? I also know that we shouldn't be undereat, so does that means it is better to over eat? And how many calories or how many macro is too many to go over? 100kcal? 200kcal? 500kcal? I am just afraid that I am over eating so far.

I only worry about my macros to the extent that I try to get at least 100g protein every day (approximately 1g per pound of my lean body mass), and try to keep my carbs under 100g. I'm almost always technically under what the macro says I should have for both (mine are 25% carbs, 35% protein, 45% fat).
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    My macros are all sorts of wack :) just try and keep it close. And yeah, just try and get protein around your lean body mass in grams. Like I said, just try to get within ballpark range and you will be fine
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    I do the same as the other posters - focus on my protein first. I always try to get over 100g and close to 118 as possible (actual MFP amount) each day. My macros are 45c/20p/35f.