Things I do diffrently today

Options
So this is very new to me. not even allowed much exercise yet till after I see the doc on 8/21. But I am doing things differently. I am looking at life differently that will definitely make a change for the better.
So I had my last cigarette about 15 min before I had my heart attack. Never really thought I would quit. Now I really WANT to quit. I used to say I want to 'want to' I just didn't want to quit. LOL Even want to quit doesn't make it easy that is for sure. but now its 10 days since I had a cigarette.
I love to cook and love to eat. Real stuff... i.e. real butter, real sour cream...etc... now I don't even want eat that stuff. Last night my daughter made Tacos with ground turkey it was amazing how good it really was!!
I want to enjoy making the rest of my life the best of my life. Please share with me some of the things you do differently now.

Replies

• BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking! YAY, that is really hard to do, so huge round of applause going on for you over here!

me, i have decided to lose weight, eat healthier, and get stronger, move around more to regain my previously healthy self back again, as best as i can with a bad heart valve. No way to know how healthy i CAN become again!
  • BlestBliss
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking! YAY, that is really hard to do, so huge round of applause going on for you over here!

me, i have decided to lose weight, eat healthier, and get stronger, move around more to regain my previously healthy self back again, as best as i can with a bad heart valve. No way to know how healthy i CAN become again!

Now at 18 days!!! desire for the relaxation the smoking provided but glad I haven't smoked since then!!! What I doing differently today is food shopping. I guess all of us do that.. but my difference I noted I used to say... I worked so hard.... or I have been so good.... I deserve...... (insert whatever nasty treat fits here) Today I found myself making healthy choices and saying I deserve to be healthy... For me that was so different and really felt good.
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on staying away from the smoking...not an easy feat.

Food and cooking is a whole new experience, cant just grab something and put it in the cart. I do take time to plan out my meals and tinker more with recipes to try and make them as healthy as possible and still edible :happy:
  • BlestBliss
    Options
    Congratulations on staying away from the smoking...not an easy feat.

Food and cooking is a whole new experience, cant just grab something and put it in the cart. I do take time to plan out my meals and tinker more with recipes to try and make them as healthy as possible and still edible :happy:

I hear ya!!! Shopping is all new... reading labels and actually knowing what to choose! I am also enjoying all the fresh fruit & nuts my new eating plan includes!! Learning to taste things all over again!
  • BlestBliss
    Options
    21 days and no cigs... !!!! As a reward bought myself a cosmetic tooth whitener :bigsmile: gonna show off my pearlies!!!
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    lol awesome. I am hoping to save my money for an Alaskan Cruise and go whale watching. My son lives up there but I have only been there once and fell in love with the place