I need a good swift kick in the *kitten*!!

Options
dorite7
dorite7 Posts: 27 Member
I'm having a terrible time lately!! I will start the day off with entirely good intentions......breakfast and lunch will go gr8 and then.....that damn voice in my head talks me into doing things I shouldn't be doing!!! I'll eat 1,000's of calories and not finish my diary out of guilt and feel like total crap after that!! I'm just so frustrated with myself and I feel like I'm letting all of my friends here down.....I'm not being a good role model for them which makes me feel more depressed which, in turn, makes me eat MORE!!! I feel I'm on a downward spiral and I can't be saved!!! Ughhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Replies

• escalada22
    escalada22 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I totally understand what you are saying. I pack my breakfast/lunch for work, with good intentions then sometimes will end up eating lunch out which results in really bad calories. Or if I am super good for breakfast/lunch I will not eat dinner until late, after 8 and then eat way to much.

I do the same thing with the journal...if I know I have gone over I will not put in journal. Then I think who am I fooling but myself. I did post my pizza last night, although I had calories left and even though I went over by 3 or something, I think I accounted for more than I ate which was fine!

I feel like at night I am a downward spiral myself, dont know why. Kids are not stressing me out and neither is work. I just will settle in with my comfort food, snuggle with my hubby and watch tv. So after my big meal I am doing absolutely nothing. Now, on the weeks I eat early I notice a weight loss and feel great.

So if anyone is handing out those kicks in the *kitten* I could use one too! So close to hitting my first goal of 25anything ;)
  • neek1287
    neek1287 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you are starting out right, and packing healthy meals, try to keep it up by making plans. For me it is very easy to get comfortable and lazy especially at the end of the day with nothing to do and end up on the couch or excessively snacking. But make plans with yourself to keep busy like, workout after dinner or go for a walk (even easier if you make plans with a friend who is expecting you). Your plans don't have to be for exercise either, just plan to do something, keep busy - scrap-booking, sit on the patio with a friend, read, draw, tend to your garden, play with your pets or kids, etc. But plan it. Schedule it in like an appointment, it helps for me. When I don't "plan it" I fail more easily. If you can involve your significant other or a friend it works even better, even for 1/2 hour a night.

Sometimes after working 8 hours, commuting, going to the gym, making dinner, cleaning up (even more work if you have kids) then you're tired, and it is SO easy to head over to the couch (and snack) with your remaining few hours of the day. Some nights (that I don't have the energy or drive to be creative or go out and move) I even just head upstairs and do "maintenance" on myself before bed, like tweezing, moisturizing, clean nails, things that make me feel good. In a way to just stay out of the kitchen area and not in front of the tv. I hope this helps.
  • Antonia2501
    Antonia2501 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I totally know how you feel. There have been times where I was 100% dedicated to my weight loss journey but I have been having a hard time with it lately. Plan daily meals and then, like I just did, end up going to the gas station and while I am there grab a hot dog or a doughnut. Its insane, I am sitting here reading about all these people who have done great but I for some reason started slacking lately. We all have to be the ones to give ourselves a swift kick, I am the same way. I ended up eating 1/4 of the hot dog and threw the rest in the garbage, I am just sick of it lol. The thing that is absolutely the worst is I am a late night snacker so badly. I will be semi okay through the day and that sun goes down and my appetite goes up. I have read that if you do not eat while watching TV or a movie and break that habit, it will help so much but I have not kicked it. I will eat while watching TV and mindless eating is the worst.

So Ladies, lets all do it for us and give ourselves the swift kick we need, nobody can keep an eye on what were doing like we can lol. Just think of how great it will be to fit into those pants that are tight, or that dress we have not wanted to wear lately. We all deserve to feel amazing and I know that if I do not feel good inside it comes out all over. I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve and have a hard time hiding it. And the above suggestion of going for a walk is great too. The smallest thing like a walk can make the biggest difference. Lets do it and do it together, that's why were here, to help one another through the similar struggles. <3<3<3<3
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It is so easy to get in to this habit and not be able to get ourselves out.....I was at that place a few weeks ago but now I am at Day 24 of totally staying on track....and I am entering a major stressful time right now as tomorrow we take my oldest child to college and then school starts on Monday for my 3 other kids, which means homework, after school activities....plus I work...never enough time for everything....a couple of things that have helped me so far...

1) planing meals....I plan my lunches for the entire week as well as our family dinners on either Sat or Sunday before I go shopping.
    2) plan my day .....I am not so great at this one yet but trying and that is the night before I plan what I need to accomplish that day and try to stick w/ it. including working my exercise in to the day
    3) I make my lunches for work as well as my snacks ahead of time and so the night before work all I have to do is pull baggies out of the pantry and put them in my lunchbox and set the fridge stuff in a certain place.
    4) If i get to the point where I would like to go grab something that I know I shouldn't have it, then I either text someone or I do something to keep myself busy like get on a computer...

it is tough but we can do it.
  • mamo1014
    mamo1014 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I need one of those kicks too. I'm the queen of two weeks...For the first two weeks, I do great on journaling my food, working out, sticking to my calorie goal and then bam...I'm binging..lying about my calories on my food journal and find lots of excuses to not work out and lots of excuses to finish off the ice cream, the chocolate cake or the potato salad...Ugh! I've even quit dating because I think men won't be attracted to me because I'm fat.
    Well, no more excuses...I started again today...I'm going to check in in two weeks and I'm going to surprise you all that I'm not lying about my calories and I'm not making excuses! We can do this and if any of you want to add me as a friend, I'll be glad to help out...helping you will be helping me.