Tips and Tricks for eating out

Options
I was wondering, if you go out and eat...what are the things you do to TRY and get exactly what you want?

I have only found these things that help me, was looking for more.

1. When it's breakfast, I get oatmeal and fresh fruit. I throw the fresh fruit in the oatmeal to sweeten it. Will eat the nuts not the raises they usually serve.

2. mexican seems to be the easiest for me. Will order a toastada (I never use my 10% so I could the Corn tort to this. I ask for at least 1C of boiled beans on top (pretty sure they have oil in that) double the lettuce, and I ask that every veggie they have be thrown on top. Since they usually serve fajitas, I ask that these same veggies be water sautéed, no oil. So far they have been accommodating.

Replies

• susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Those are good tips. I falter at the Mexican restaurant I go to. I am resigned to getting an a la cart tostada, too. I think I may start by asking for the whole beans instead of the refried beans and chicken that usually come with it. I HATE asking for substitutions, but will have to learn. We don't go there too often, but often enough. Thanks for the ideas!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I went to lunch today with work girls.
    As it was a birthday lunch it was her choice. - Italian.
    I don't eat wheat so pasta was out. I ended up ordering 2 sides dishes - 1 of roast vegies and the other green beans. The serves were tiny, like under a whole cup each 2 little bowls. I also had a black coffee.
    $19.00!!! Went back to work and had an apple.
    :(