Has anyone read The Metabolic Typing Diet book?

ChiJenn
ChiJenn Posts: 97 Member
My knee rehab guy suggested I read it and I have skimmed through it. It suggests that the right combinations of foods can work better with your Metabolic Type. They don't seem to be restricting your calories or foods. Just being mindful of how certian foods effect your mood, and energy levels among other things. Just wondering what anyone thought of it. I have been with this Rehab guy for about 4 months and I trust his judgement. Anyone heard of it or used the theory with success?

Replies

• nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    I checked it out from the library, read it, took the test. I'm supposed to be a carbo-type...overwhelmingly so. And I WAS kind of buying into it.....so I started eating more carbs and a little less protein as I had been feeling that protein heavy meals were making me sleepy.....but then my weight loss stalled.

However....I think that this should be taken in stride and with a little grain of salt just like any diet program. I am doing well with carb tapering....I eat most of mine for breakfast and taper them down by dinner so that I have 10 grams or less....meat and veggies for dinner. ;) I am not eating specifically or avoiding specifically any of the things on the list of food provided in the book....just trying to keep things reasonable and still aim for my macros every day, but I do let it slide if my carbs go over....and they usually tend to by about 30 grams or so.

Oh...and the sleepy after protein bit seems to have been fixed by a 5,000 IU Vitamin D3 supplement taken everyday.....actually, a lot of things seem better after adding the supplement.......I don't go out in full sun much.

I think any diet program can be applied if you are sensible about it....you just have to listen to your body and follow along with the cues it gives you. Nothing is cut and dried in the world of health and fitness.