Getting my dancer body back

Options
cleskov
cleskov Posts: 8 Member
Hi There! I'm a 28 year old ex-dancer (I guess ex-dancer doesn't quite describe it, since it's an attribute that will always describe me!). I'm not currently dancing and have been in and out of classes since I graduated college with a BFA in dance.
My body is just not what it used to be and I'm trying to get it back to where it was. Unfortunately I can't take as many dance classes as I'd like just for the sheer expense. Any ex dancers out there know of any great at-home DVDs that helped them get the long lean figure of their dancing days?

Replies

• Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm a beginner and have never had a dancer's body :tongue: , but I've been doing the Ballet Beautiful DVD's and it's really helped my dancing and posture and I noticed that my thighs are slimming up. Mary Helen Bowers created the workout and she's the ballerina who got Natalie Portman into shape for Black Swan. I really like them.
  • isadoralives
    Options
    They are old ones, but the few the NYC Ballet put out about a decade (or more? I am getting old?) ago were fairly good for very basic conditioning. Have you thought about putting together a decent floor barre routine for yourself? I think you might have more luck with that than a video, given your background.
  • complicatedmoves
    complicatedmoves Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi There! I'm a 28 year old ex-dancer (I guess ex-dancer doesn't quite describe it, since it's an attribute that will always describe me!). I'm not currently dancing and have been in and out of classes since I graduated college with a BFA in dance.
    My body is just not what it used to be and I'm trying to get it back to where it was. Unfortunately I can't take as many dance classes as I'd like just for the sheer expense. Any ex dancers out there know of any great at-home DVDs that helped them get the long lean figure of their dancing days?

Hop-Hop Abs and Yoga Booty Ballet has helped me.....I also have a few pilates and yoga dvds
  • EmGetsFit
    EmGetsFit Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm a former dancer too, & am getting back into it slowly but surely. I just borrowed the Yoga Booty Ballet DVD series from a friend & am excited to try them! I have done salsa & ballet videos in the past, too. I'm also working on my flexibility again (slowly) through yoga. I'd love some more recommendations too. :)