HITT Question

If HITT is so much better to do as cardio then why do so many people have success on losing just with walking also.

Replies

• meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    Either exercise is good for you...both burn calories which would create a deficit for any person who is eating sensibly. The main benefit of HIIT is that it is more efficient, and also creates an anaerobic state that is more efficient at burning fat (and has a higher afterburn effect than steady state cardio). My favorite reason to do it is that I would rather do a 25 minute HIIT workout than a 45 minute walk or jog. I don't always have time to do the longer workout, and I get a great sweaty workout with HIIT. :)
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 344 Member
    My favorite reason to do it is that I would rather do a 25 minute HIIT workout than a 45 minute walk or jog. I don't always have time to do the longer workout, and I get a great sweaty workout with HIIT. :)

ditto. i also think that walking is great no matter what, when or where you do it, but for ME, to loose those last couple of pounds i really had to increase my burns. im impatient :)
  • jenniekw
    jenniekw Posts: 104
    i agree Meggy I did 25 mins on the treadmill last night and I was sweating like a pg and my face was red at the end....lol Makes more sense now. Thanks