we're getting chinese tonight..

Options
and I really want moo shoo chicken without salt or sugar...

no good huh? even if i get it sans the wraps, salt, and sugar?

I guess steamed broccoli and shrimp it is then?

Replies

• SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Really ask about the shrimp and veggies. My local Chinese place puts some weird cornstarch based sauce in with their veggies and shrimp dish. Ask if they'll steam some fresh stuff without anything added. Also, the bbq chicken is great.. It's usually just black pepper and chicken. I do wonton soup sometimes too without the wonton. It's broth, snow peas, chunks of roasted pork, mushrooms and sprouts. It's pretty dang good
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I can't think of anything else.... Is egg drop soup certified?
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately egg drop soup is thickened with cornstarch so nope :(
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I had a big fail with Chinese tonight. I meant to order steamed veggies with shrimp. Menu said no sugar, corn starch, or MSG. But somehow the words panang curry came out of my mouth. I was thinking it would still be good because it's made mostly with coconut milk. But... So not satisfying. The only veggies were red pepper chunks and lots of onions. This is a dish meant to be eaten with gobs of rice, and without the rice it was just sad. And at the end of the meal, feeling dissatisfied, I snarfed up a sesame ball and THREE FRIED CRAB RANGOONS. ugh. I learned a lesson.

Btw... I love moo shoo also. But without the plum sauce and wraps, what's the point.
  • kbc525
    kbc525 Posts: 149
    Options
    i ended up falling asleep and slept through dinner.. mind you i was ravenous this morning when i woke up..

we're getting chinese tonight and i'm just going to go with steamed shrimp and broccoli.. in fact, i don't really have a desire to eat anything else... i mean if i could get away with moo shoo i would but why bother... i know how i'll feel tomorrow morning..