New and Improved Crash Cart

Options
Cait_Sidhe
Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
I just did this. I'm so proud of myself I have to post pictures. Previously everything in the hospital was just thrown in the drawers and it had carboard divders covered in old nasty porous tape that no-one paid attention to.
2012-08-15213648.jpg

Top of cart
2012-08-15213831.jpg

Top drawer: Airway
2012-08-15213703.jpg

Second Drawer: Drugs
2012-08-15213720.jpg

Third Drawer: Venous Access
2012-08-15213750.jpg

Bottom Drawer: Miscellaneous
2012-08-15213813.jpg

Replies

• quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Dang, woman!! NICE!! Makes me ashamed of our crash cart.....I have a lot of work to do, hahaha!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Options
    Problem is that labels don't stick to the foam and it might get gross after awhile. I may coat it with liquid latex or something. Funny how real life bleeds into work sometimes. :bigsmile:
  • quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Problem is that labels don't stick to the foam and it might get gross after awhile. I may coat it with liquid latex or something. Funny how real life bleeds into work sometimes. :bigsmile:

Hahaha :smile:
  • rcharlee
    rcharlee Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    That's a well put together crash cart.

We have too many perfectionist/OCD people at my practice that constantly change things, so our crash cart changes at least once a week. I love that you have macrobore luer locking Tports! We have macrobore slip Tports, and microbore luer locking, but I hate the microbore ones because people don't know how to tape properly and cause constant occlusions.
  • rcharlee
    rcharlee Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Bit of a mix up on my comment; I love that you have microbore luer locking Tports. My clinic only has macrobore luer locking, and slip microbore. The macrobore tports are the ones people can't tape properly.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Options
    Yeah, the macrobore are a ***** in general. My main problem with them is the blood back and then the clots.
  • prouge5
    Options
    Just joined and noticed your pics of the cart. Nice job. A good size fishing tackle box makes a nice portable crash cart too. We use one and just store it under the counter in our treatment area in those cases where it is a very large dog and they are in an exam room.
  • DMarieLVT
    DMarieLVT Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    NICE! We just updated and cleaned ours too. We put a long piece of tape across ours so that we know, when it's torn, something has been used and we can make sure it's clean and full again.

On a side note -- where did you get all of that foam filler with the little removable squares? I need some of that for a separate project at work and it's SO expensive!!!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Options
    The purchasing person ordered it through a company called ULine. I don't know how much was spent on it, but there's about 1000x more than we need.