BCAA's - Best Ones & Best Flavors

Options
autumnk921
autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
I want to start using BCAA's only (not protein powders with it included) during my fasting period (I am doing IF - Not a full day fast) and would like to know everyone's thoughts on which is better to use - Powder or Capsules?

Another thing: If you are already using a powder would you tell me the best one in your opinion & the best flavor of course.

I am doing strength training 3x/week.

Thanks in advance for your help!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I do Optimum Nutritions BCAA capsules. I think it greatly reduces my DOMS. I'm interested in powder to put in my during work out water.
  • evelynfarmer
    evelynfarmer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Can someone message me how to mix it? I have some, but it will never fully mix in my water.... it's always chalky and floating on the top, in the middle/ everywhere. I heard it works wonders and I really want to try it during my workouts. Please help.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I like the scivation x-tend in watermelon. But honestly, I just switched to the BSN effervescent BCAAS in watermelon. It litteraly tastes like jolly rancher with light carbonation. :)
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    I use Cytosport Blue Raspberry powder. Mixes really well--1 scoop in 8oz water. I use a shaker bottle. You can get it on Amazon. It GREATLY reduces DOMS for me. Highly recommend this product! Sometimes I drink it 2x/day, but usually just after my workouts.
  • Whirlagirl
    Options
    X-Tend Lemon-Line Sour is not too sweet and refreshing cold.
    I use a half scoop per 28 oz of water.
  • AiJahya
    AiJahya Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Do you think it's better to use it during your workout in your water or to take caplets??

I take caplets instead of mixing powder (just to get it over with) but I'm thinking next time I'll buy a flavored powder... I'm not sure that it matters for effectiveness, but didn't know if anyone else had tried the caplets to compare.
  • dany_m
    dany_m Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Powder is supposed to be more efficient than the caplets.
    And my BCAA powder (local NZ brand, unflavoured) doesn't mix properly either. I think it's the nature of the BCAA powder...
    On weight lifting days, I take 3g in my pre-workout shake, and 3g afterwards (I only drink water at the gym).
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I used Xtend but I prefer to only drink water when I work out, so I usually get Optimum Nutrition's amino chewables. They taste great (bought the berry flavor I believe). and I just take two caplets daily.
    Now I'm out of them but will probably buy those again ;)
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I just started taking GNC AfterGlow in Bazooka fruit which is really yummy. I mix 1 scoop/30 grams per about 12 ounces water. I really like it, I feel energized, and I think it's helping with DOMS.
  • Dlacenere
    Dlacenere Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I really like GNC Rapiddrive in fruit punch, I add a few stevia drops to it and it actually tastes really good. I put the powder in a measuring cup and stir as I fill it with a little water and then I transfer it to my water bottle, fill the rest of the way up with water and then shake. I don't get the clumps this way.
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Bump for later