Keto percentageb with carbs

Options
maybabier
maybabier Posts: 32 Member
So I've been following the 5% carb, 30% protein and 65% fat ratio.

1)My question is if the 5% reflect NET CARB or TOTAL CARB, since not all "carbs" created equal.

I'm trying to up my fiber count but as fiber goes up, carb goes up to, but NET CARB has a possibility to stay the same if you eat, say flaxseed or psyllium husks.

2)Another question is if 5% should reflect NET carb, how do you adjust MFP to track that for you?

3)last question about Total Calories. I'm assuming it is calories from NET CARB/ total calories (fat+protein+net carb) right? We basically stop looking at fiber?

I'm shooting to have ~40g of carbs but hopefully 25g of which are fiber, and don't want to mess up my %.

Thanks!

Replies

• bcmlam1001
    bcmlam1001 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have learned a great trick to the problem of the net carb issue. Whatever food you are searching for in the data base, ex: blue diamond almonds...type in blue diamond almonds net carb...I have found that on most all foods it will give you that certain food with just the net carbs in the count and not all the carbs without the fiber added in. It might say for those almonds net carb 2 and fiber 3, but that would normally be net carb 5 and fiber 3 but it has the fiber subtracted from the carbs. The rest of the items that I cannot find with the net carbs reflecting fiber in the count I just have to subtract my fiber from my carb totals for the day. I hope this helps! I discovered this and LOVE it!
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Also, if you don't find the foods with the fiber subtracted, you can add it yourself into the database so it's always there for you.

However, what I do is this: Many people have created something called Net Carb Adjustment (or similar) in the database. When you add that to your diary, fill in the amount of fiber you've had for the day. It subtracts it out of your carbs. So there you go! Net carbs!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i track carbs and fibre. say i've eaten 14 carb and 3 fibre, just subtract the 3 from the 14. i know i'm at 11 and can eat 9 more grams for that day.

i don't care much for %, i just eat 20 grams a day.
  • eddysuchydvm
    eddysuchydvm Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Also, if you don't find the foods with the fiber subtracted, you can add it yourself into the database so it's always there for you.

However, what I do is this: Many people have created something called Net Carb Adjustment (or similar) in the database. When you add that to your diary, fill in the amount of fiber you've had for the day. It subtracts it out of your carbs. So there you go! Net carbs!

Do you know where/how to add the Net Carb Adjustment to the diary? Sorry, still learning my way around this site...
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options

Awesome, thank you for sharing this!

Do you know where/how to add the Net Carb Adjustment to the diary? Sorry, still learning my way around this site...

I just selected add food to my last meal of the day (I'm sure it doesn't matter where you add it?), did a search with those terms, and then entered in my number of fiber and it subtracted the carbs out. Very nifty!
  • maybabier
    maybabier Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Awesome THANKS!!!