Plateau on Medifast?

Options
My weight loss has slowed way down. Could it be caused by my daily cheating with mini peanut butter cups? Yes, of course!! I'm now on day 4 of eating totally on plan and haven't lost a single 1/2 pound yet. Any suggestions/motivation for someone who is on month 4 with only 10 pounds left to go? (And another thing... I feel great, my skinny clothes from the back of my closet are all too big, I've been buying new clothes and love how I'm looking. I'm having a hard time finding motivation to lose the last 10....)

Replies

• dshiplett
    dshiplett Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you to be so close to your goal! I am currently 30-40 lbs away from mine and I have hit a plateau, as well, though I know that mine is my own fault. I have lost my motivation for some reason and am forcing myself to get back on track. I know the weight will start dropping off as soon as I am dedicated again. :)

That said, are you doing any sort of working out? I know that being so close to your goal, sometimes it's more of an issue of toning muscle than there being anything wrong with what you are eating. So if you aren't really, definitely consider starting some cardio and DEFINITELY weight training a couple of times a week. I'll be those last 10 lbs will shed off in no time.

Best of luck!
  • littleredjd
    Options
    OMG. I am in the exact same place. I started in April. I'm down 36 pounds. I have just over 10 more to go. All my skinny clothes are too big. I'm completely unmotivated. I'm not really cheating though, but I have reached a plateau. I think I need to go to the gym more often and be very careful about drinking enough water and taking fiber supplements every day. We need to be friends so we can kick each other's butts.
  • leahandbella
    leahandbella Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred this week, and I'm so out of shape that I've only been able to do it 2 out of the last 5 days because I was sore! Before this week I had done NOTHING exercise related other than wearing my FitBit and trying to get in as many steps as possible, taking the stairs (5 flights) at work, etc... A friend just reminded me that Plateaus are normal, but I'm still frustrated since the first 40 pounds were relatively easy on Medifast. I would dare say it was been fun waking up each day and seeing the scale update! LOL
  • kaitie23
    kaitie23 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am on Medifast as well. You have to remember when you first start the weight will come off quickly than once you get into a normal weight range and normal BMI it will tend to slow down.

You could try opening up your food diary for others to see. If you are eating the 5 MF meals a day plus the PB cups that might throw you out of ketosis. Since the carb counts should be below 100. If you are out of ketosis it normally takes 3-5 days to get back into the fat burning stage. Might also want to try drinking more water and exercisine more.

Hang in there I am sure you will break the plateau soon :)