First tv crush for our team..

Options
jerber160
jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
someone posted in chitchat ... but they're so young and few go back into black and white tv. I'm thinking virgil from mchale's navy.. sea hunt......(the caribbean/island fixation started early)

Replies

• treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Probably Lyle Waggoner from the Carol Burnett show.

Lyle+Waggoner.jpg
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    He definitely wasn't my first crush, but it was the first crush that made me realize "wow, I'm really, reallly gay"

Michael T. Weiss from The Pretender.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I am interested in this topic because I didn't fully appreciate someone being born gay until I had a friend explain to me his first crush. This was in 1998, my friend and I were adults, and I considered myself pretty open-minded at the time. But I suppose I still needed this "a-ha" moment articulated for me. We were talking about Gilligan's Island, and how I always liked Marianne more than Ginger. He said he first knew he was gay because of his crush on the professor. What clicked for me was that most of my friends considered Ginger the sexy one, but she was no comparison to Marianne, IMO. And I figured that was just an innate part of me. Despite the social pressure to like Ginger, I couldn't deny that I found Marianne more my fantasy woman. It was simply who I was. He went through the same thing (though obviously dealing with different kinds of social pressures). It was simply who he was.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    someone posted in chitchat ... but they're so young and few go back into black and white tv. I'm thinking virgil from mchale's navy.. sea hunt......(the caribbean/island fixation started early)

This person was apparently named Edson Stoll. I looked because I needed to know.

Also this thread is only fun for me because I am not familiar with any of these people. No TV watching (other than PBS) in my house til I was old enough to say "screw this" and just sneak in to watch stuff on my own at which point it was limited to what I could sneak. So even some older stuff that people my age (I'm 30) didn't catch in reruns, I missed.

Also @Kenneth - I believe Maryann consistently polls higher than Ginger actually. But I still prefer Tina Louise in the pure looks department. The Ginger character was supposed to be the eye candy, the maryann character was the girl you wanted to marry. Because old TV is sexist as ****. Wait....current TV is also pretty sexist. Well anyway. You get the idea. (Apparently in the pilot they were both secretaries, the 'practical' secretary and the 'airhead' secretary. Same sale, slightly different advertising).

I rarely find people I don't know attractive (like, pretty much never, and only when pressed and I take the time to pretend they are somehow someone I know in person) so I did not have TV crushes.
  • EvanKeel
    Options
    I may, or may not, have had a tiny crush on doogie howser. Don't judge me!
  • tameko2
    Options

Its not to late to admit to Wesley Crusher too. Go ahead. You know you want to.
  • thewinged
    Options
    .....first crush was Ken Ichijouji from Digimon. Yeah, a cartoon....I know. First real-life-ish crush would probably be Legolas from the Lord of the Rings movies.
    I haven't encountered many big crushes on women actors or whatnot...I'm a bit picky when it comes to women I suppose. The girl from Underworld is definitely hot though. I always forget her name :/
  • EvanKeel
    Options

Its not to late to admit to Wesley Crusher too. Go ahead. You know you want to.

At the time? No. Now? Hell yes. Have you seen him with a beard and wearing a kilt? Hellooo nurse!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Oh Mike, that is pretty bad... :laugh:

But after Dr. Horrible, how can you not have a crush on NPH?
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Linda Carter as Wonder Woman. Now, I remember why I have a thing for dark-haired, blue-eyed women! I then moved on to Charlie's Angels...Sabrina was my favorite one.
  • tameko2
    Options
    .....first crush was Ken Ichijouji from Digimon. Yeah, a cartoon....I know. First real-life-ish crush would probably be Legolas from the Lord of the Rings movies.
    I haven't encountered many big crushes on women actors or whatnot...I'm a bit picky when it comes to women I suppose. The girl from Underworld is definitely hot though. I always forget her name :/

Isn't that kate beckinsale? Kate Beckinsale is super hot. I haven't even SEEN underworld and I know that.
  • thewinged
    Options

Isn't that kate beckinsale? Kate Beckinsale is super hot. I haven't even SEEN underworld and I know that.

Ah yes, that's her! Thank you :) Yeah, she makes for a sexy vampire lady.
  • jerber160
    Options
    THAT SEA HUNT GUY..
    Lloyd-Bridges-SEA-HUNT-Rolex-Submariner.jpg
  • woodsk67
    woodsk67 Posts: 88
    Options
    Unlce Joy aka Jon Stamos from Full house-- Best part- he gets better with age
  • jerber160
    Options
    Unlce Joy aka Jon Stamos from Full house-- Best part- he gets better with age

ahh. i get it....
  • jerber160
    Options
    and because I kayaked yesterday and had so much fun, I had to watch the opening theme of hawaii 5 0.. it really made me smile big time.. WOW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ9xfNn09eQ&feature=related
  • unkeptwalnut83
    unkeptwalnut83 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Baywatch was a favorite show of mine when I was a kid. Makes a lot more sense now.
  • grizbear1225
    Options
    I did have a couple, Lee Majors from Six Million Dollar Man back in the 70's....and also Robert Conrad from Baa Baa Black Sheep...and also have to cop to Gil Gerard when he was doing Buck Rogers in the 25th Century..
  • jerber160
    Options
    I did have a couple, Lee Majors from Six Million Dollar Man back in the 70's....and also Robert Conrad from Baa Baa Black Sheep...and also have to cop to Gil Gerard when he was doing Buck Rogers in the 25th Century..
    I never watched buck rogers....but I googled gerard..i think he's kinda like the 5 million dollar man- or lee majors lite. by the way,,,anybody intoThe Flash?