Worth it cook books

Options
2»

Replies

• GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    So, disappointing that Well Fed is not available on Kobo or Chapters (Canada). It was just published last year! Guess I have to find another store that ships to the Arctic without charging a mint. lol

Edit: found it on amazon.ca. Hopefully I can get it there.

I ordered my copy of Well Fed right off theclothesmakethegirl.com (more profit goes to her that way) and it was shipped to NS, Canada. I didn't even bother looking at Chapters because even though there are 3-4 in the area, they NEVER seem to have the books I actually want to buy, especially if they are brand new (I got it when it was first released) . Definitely worth the wait time for mail delivery. Every single thing I've made from this cookbook has been a winner. I've only just started tweaking a few of the recipes to my own tastes/laziness, because they were well done on their own!
  • mehaugen
    mehaugen Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You can torrent Primal Blueprint for sure. (According to my "friend")
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i'm cheap.

i can't justify the cost of some of those overly priced cookbooks when i can get the recipe for free online.
  • blinkinglight
    Options
    i'm cheap.

i can't justify the cost of some of those overly priced cookbooks when i can get the recipe for free online.

I tend to agree with you!

I almost never buy a physical book anymore. All the paleo books I have purchased are on my iPad and I cook so much from recipes online that my iPad rarely leaves the kitchen ;)
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    chowstalker.com is a great resource, recipes posted by various paleo and primal bloggers. One can search for a specific food ...
    for instance here's the search results for venison: http://www.chowstalker.com/?bwbps_extnav_gal=29&bwbps_q=venison&bwbps_submit.x=0&bwbps_submit.y=0&bwbps_submit=Submit

when you're ready for dessert, go to dessertstalker.com :-))