Thank you fellow Paleo/Primal MFPers!

Options
Akimajuktuq
Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
I want to thank all the people who have posted about Bulletproof coffee. It took me two weeks to try it!

I made my own light/lazy version: 10oz coffee (I drink only the best already), 1/2 tsp coconut oil, 1/2 tsp butter, and sprinkle of cinnamon. I just stirred it in, no blending.

I didn't think I'd like it because i generally hate "flavoured" coffee". Well.... OMG. It's great and I feel all energized! Now I can cut the dairy even more! I haven't logged it yet, but likely the calories are the same or less than my tablespoon of cream. Thanks for that everyone; you know who you are!!!

Replies

• caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Glad you like it. I made one this morning too. I use my blender bottle (the kind you shake with the metal ball inside). I pour hot coffee into it, add the butter and oil and shake. Then pour back in to my travel cup.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Options
    Yeah, I have a blender bottle too, but it's plastic. Not like the hot liquid is in there long but I'm funny about things like that. BUT you just gave me a brain wave, I could take out the little whisk and shake it in something else (but be careful with explosions)! Ah ha!
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I just put mine in a big Mason jar with a good lid (I got it from pasta sauce forever ago and I'm a packrat) and shake it up that way. I also like to use coconut milk in it. It gets nice and frothy when you shake it, and then I sprinkle cinnamon on top and it's just so pretty! :happy:
  • Akimajuktuq
    Options
    I was thinking coconut milk would be good too and will try it next time I open a can. I kind of horde my coconut milk because I can't usually get it locally. Ordering in canned foods is challenging due to the weight; either the company doesn't ship it here or I get charged a fortune! Damn remote community lol.
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, it's the little ideas that are the best! Why don't I put the little metal ball thingy in a mason jar and shake! Yum, coconut milk = good addition.

11am and getting hungry! I'd better eat during my 11-12 meeting so I'm not tempted by the ice cream social at my kid's preschool today at 12p.
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I am going to try this I think! I am not really a fan of unsweetened coffee though. Do you all drink it without some sweetness?