About to call it quits.

Getting Frustrated.I did a 6 week reset and gained 5 lbs, now have done 4 weeks on a 12% cut and have lost no inches and no weight. I exercise in the moderate range ( I strength train 3 days a week for upper body and 2 days for lower) and about 1-2 hours of cardio. My eating is mostly clean and macros pretty much meet with protein. I am at a loss and am about to call it quits

Replies

• nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    I am sorry you are frustrated!!!

They only help I can lend is to stick with it for a while longer! You are very close to your goal which means weight loss is going to be very slow.
  • abirkel
    abirkel Posts: 60
    There is a hope...I upped my cals on May 4th...have seen no progress except gains in weight and inches...was very frustrated....but: this week I measured and my thigh measurement was back to where it was when I started (after an initial gain) and I have lost an inch around my waist. But it's taken me more than 3 months of tweaking and waiting and trusting.

Sometimes when I feel like giving up I think about my NSV...I am sleeping better...my skin, hair, and nails look healthier...etc.

Just be patient...I know it is hard. I have had to take a step back from what I have done my entire adult life of wanting to look a certain way/be a certain weight by a time 6-8 weeks in the future. I am now looking to where I want to be in 18 months or 2 years.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Have you taken photos of yourself to compare?

I notice a lot of difference in my photos even though lately I have lost very little on the scale.

If you are closer to goal you are likely putting on a bit of muscle along with glycogen, and getting rid of fat. If you lose a pound of fat in a month but gain a 1/2 pound of muscle and a 1/2 pound of glycogen the scale will still be the same.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Have you taken photos of yourself to compare?

I notice a lot of difference in my photos even though lately I have lost very little on the scale.

If you are closer to goal you are likely putting on a bit of muscle along with glycogen, and getting rid of fat. If you lose a pound of fat in a month but gain a 1/2 pound of muscle and a 1/2 pound of glycogen the scale will still be the same.

Girl, you are so on point!!!