post-pregnancy success story!

Options
mrs_dwr
mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
Some background: When my first daughter was 11-12 months old in Dec 2010, I was in the best physical shape of my life. I had weighed less before then, but I didn't exercise, so I'm sure my bf% was pretty high. So, through exercise and eating less (loosely following WW), I had barely lost the 'baby weight' by the time she was that age, but was in better shape than pre-pregnancy.

When she was 12 months old, we discovered I was pregnant again - this time with twins! My morning sickness/fatigue was so extreme, I couldn't keep exercising in the beginning, and then I was on orders to not do any type of exercise in order to avoid complications/pre-term labor. Through my pregnancy and beyond, I've been referring back to photos from that December when I was 'so thin' and 'so fit', waiting for the day when I would be that size again, determined to look that good once more. I've been following the EM2WL guidelines since April, when the twins were 7 months old. I wasn't about to go back to the restrictive WW diet.

Currently, our twins are 11 months old, the exact age my daughter was in the highly-esteemed Dec photos. Just last night, my husband and I were looking through said pictures. I recognized my shirt in them as the same one that, just a couple weeks ago, I'd deemed too billowy/sack-like to keep wearing! This afternoon I dug out my weight/measurements from that month so I could compare them to now:

-- I weigh 4.5 lbs LESS than I did that Dec
-- my thighs are each 3" smaller
-- my 'belly flab,' as I oh-so-affectionately call my extra tummy skin from pregnancy, measures the SAME as that Dec, which is a huge victory to me! (To put it in perspective for you: I delivered my daughter at 36 weeks+2 days and she weighed 6lbs 8oz. I also delivered my twins at 36 weeks+2 days and they weighed 6lb 7oz and 6lb 9oz. So, needless to say, I was a LOT bigger the second time around, lol!)

I'm not done yet; I want to lose another pant size or two and 10-15 pounds. But I hope that this might encourage someone out there who's wondering if EM2WL really works; I'm here to say 'yes, it does!' :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Awesome testimony! We would love to post your story on the site to encourage others. Please send your full story and pics to success@em2wl.com.
  • quickfeet101
    quickfeet101 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Loved hearing about your success. :)
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    What a great success story. Well done you!
  • mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the lack of response; I just saw the replies. But thanks! :-) And Lucia, I'll email as soon as the aforementioned kids give me a chance, lol :laugh: