Welcome

Options
2»

Replies

• m23gm25
    m23gm25 Posts: 157
    Options
    Welcome Bilbosgirl! Sorry that circumstances have brought you to our little group. I hope you have help in your endeavor. Count me as a friend. I wish for you great strength and much support. Yes do take care of yourself. It will make it easier to care for your husband. God bless you both.
    Lynn
  • marikevr
    marikevr Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. We are here if you need a chat. Hugz.
  • Pataschrader
    Options
    Hi all, Well I will give you a little background to my life. I was with my brother in 2003 to let him know it was ok to let go and be at peace. Followed by doing the same for my Father-In-Law that same year. Moving forward a few years I moved my parents from FL to GA to assist with their aging years in 04. My dad pasted in 2010 while on home Hospice then 9 months later an inmate tried to kill my son while he was working leaving him with a fractured skull (he was a single father of two little ones). When my dad pasted my Mom moved in with us and she quickly became a angry depressive and not my mom any more. Learning to make my life work with all that I have been given I thought I had things under control. What to my thinking my son gets married and my 90 year old Mom-in-law moves in. She has dementia. I have forgot who I am. I am in the process of needing to lose at least 40lbs and improve myself now I have to there is no turning back.
  • m23gm25
    m23gm25 Posts: 157
    Options
    Welcome Pataschrader sounds like you've had your share of care giving and still do. Best thing you can do is begin to take care of yourself. You're on the right track now!
  • logcabin165
    logcabin165 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm a new poster to mfp, but not a new caregiver. My husband had a stroke 4 years ago. I am 66, he is 76. For the past 4 years, he has been paralyzed, now able to walk a bit with a cane, and he has a huge speech deficit. Can't remember my name, yes means no most of the time, actually it's always NO. Caregiving is tough in itself, even tougher for him I suppose. I gained 20 lbs when it happened, and I have taken most of that off, but it is a daily struggle. I have to stop turning to food for comfort. I wish this were a more active group, I'm hoping it will be. ~Sara
  • lggdrg
    lggdrg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Is anyone in this group still active on MFP or still a caregiver?