Visual

ShirleyKwi
ShirleyKwi Posts: 60 Member
Hi ladies,

I hope you've all had a great week, even with the ups and downs that come with weight loss and life itself. I shared on another board that I'm on a visual that I use and I'd like to share it with you.

"I just wanted to share a little something I came across on Pinterest that I do. it gives me a visual, and also let's my family see the progress I'm making.

I decided how much weight I wanted to lose and put that many marbles in a clear vase. As I started losing pounds I'd move one marble per pound to another vase. At first it was a little... not sure what words I'm looking for - but, anyway, as the pounds started coming off and the marbles started filling up the other jar, I started feeling better about it. For every 10th pound I lose I use a dark blue marble so that it stands out. I only set 10 lb goals for myself. Small goals are attainable and it feels just as good each time I reach one. "

Now being honest, I put the large amount of marbles in a clear glass vase and the weight loss marbles in a glass vase that you really couldn't see through very well. As the marbles increased in the less clear vase I switched so that I could SEE my progress. Looking at 1 or 2 lonely marbles didn't really motivate me but seeing the ones I had to lose did, and now seeing how many I've lost is pretty motivating.

And by the way, if you haven't found Pinterest yet, I HIGHLY recommend it. You may not get any exercise looking at it but you'll lose hours of time poking around it. I have found many wonderful ideas, recipes and inspiration quotes, among other things.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

(((hugs)))
Shirley :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Live4More
    Live4More Posts: 177 Member
    Hi Shirley,

What a wonderful idea! I am on Pinterest also. My link is http://pinterest.com/slbaxley/ if you'd like to link up there. I'll have to see about getting me some vases and marbles. I think that would really be motivating. Thanks.

Sherry