Does anyone have these weights?

Options
remisenforme
remisenforme Posts: 180 Member
Hello!

I am thinking about finally sucking it up and buying some adjustable weights. I was wondering if anyone had experience with any of these options (or had other options that they use and love!).

These are the ones I have been looking at so far: (sorry about the crazy links, for some reason it isn't letting me do any sort of html link hiding or anything... )

Xmark Fitness Adjustable Dumbbell -

http://www.amazon.com/XMark-Fitness-Adjustable-25lb-Dumbbells/dp/B003JVGEVQ/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pdT1_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3KZOI46JRLV3P&coliid=IDWTJPE6MZ3DW

Universal Power-Pak 445 Adjustable Dumbbells with Stand -

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Power-Pak-Adjustable-Dumbbells-Stand/dp/B003UO1DLS/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3KZOI46JRLV3P&coliid=I1EZCJJ37MVWWK

Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells -

http://www.amazon.com/Bowflex-SelectTech-Adjustable-Dumbbells-Pair/dp/B001ARYU58/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3KZOI46JRLV3P&coliid=IHURHJ2TBURIT

Cap Barbell 40-Pound Dumbbell Set -

http://www.amazon.com/Cap-Barbell-40-Pound-Dumbbell-Set/dp/B000VCDXNS/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3KZOI46JRLV3P&coliid=IWPVVRD9VMTXK

Bayou Fitness Adjustable Dumbbell(50 -Pounds) -

http://www.amazon.com/Bayou-Fitness-Adjustable-Dumbbell-Pounds/dp/B000MVKU98/ref=pd_sim_sg_1

PowerBlock Classic 5-45 lbs Adjustable Dumbbell Set

http://www.amazon.com/PowerBlock-Classic-Adjustable-Dumbbell-Set/dp/B000A6QINW/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1345400429&sr=8-10&keywords=adjustable+dumbbells

PowerBlock SportBlock 24 Adjustable 3 to 24-Pounds per Dumbbell Set

http://www.amazon.com/PowerBlock-SportBlock-Adjustable-24-Pounds-Dumbbell/dp/B000A6T9I8/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1345400429&sr=8-11&keywords=adjustable+dumbbells

Thanks for any advice!! :)

Replies

• chojolitos
    chojolitos Posts: 100
    Options
    Unfortunately, I don't have experience with those brands b ut I used this :heart: Gold's Gym 25-lb. Adjustable-Weight Speed Pack
    I got then at walmart for 58 por each dumble . I relly like them, good product for the price:tongue:
  • remisenforme
    Options
    Unfortunately, I don't have experience with those brands b ut I used this :heart: Gold's Gym 25-lb. Adjustable-Weight Speed Pack
    I got then at walmart for 58 por each dumble . I relly like them, good product for the price:tongue:

Thanks!
  • astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I personally have been wanting the bowflex for forever..but my husband has a friend that has the Powerblocks and they swear by those.
  • remisenforme
    Options
    Seeing Chalean with the Bowflex have made me want them so bad! They look awesome! But cost so much...
  • nicole7275
    nicole7275 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    my husband bought me power blocks that go from 6-24 lbs. i love them.
  • erincampbell9
    erincampbell9 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have the Bayou Fitness Adjustable Dumbbell (25 lbs), I have only had them for a few weeks but love them so far. They don't take up a lot of room and seem really sturdy.
  • merlyngrey
    Options
    I have the Bowflex, my husband and I both use them and after I got used to how long they are I wouldn't use anything else! Love love love them!
  • samurphy23
    samurphy23 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I wanted the Bowflex too when I started. I looked on Cr*ai*gs*li*st (I don't know if that was necessary to spell it like that but I have seen where this site takes out names of some stores, etc) and a resale fitness store regularly until I got them because they are expensive and I didn't want to buy brand new ones.

I ended up getting the Power Blocks and mine go up to 50 lbs each with 2.5 pound increments. The few places I talked too all swore by the Power Blocks, they told me they are virtually indestructible. The Bowflex have plastic dials and if they break then you can't fix them. I saw those more often on craigs... but if you see them and want them get them because they go fast!

I love the Power Blocks, at first I thought they looked awkward and I wouldn't like to use them but I honestly do and am very glad to have found them.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I use the PowerBlocks! I'm not wild about them because they can be awkward during certain exercises but I like that they are virtually indestructible.

Sometimes I have to pause my ChaLean DVD to adjust the weights but that's no biggie. Once you figure it out, you can get pretty quick at it.
  • cookiemahnster
    cookiemahnster Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have the Powerblocks Sportblock (the 3-24lbs one). I just got them a couple weeks ago, but have had no issues with them and find them really handy. I previously only had 5lb and 10lb dumbbells, and did the first 3.5 week of CLX with just those.

The Powerblocks are really coming in handy in the Push phase. I'm just starting the second week of Push but have used all the weights from 3 to 21 during the circuits (not sure I am ready for 24 yet).

I was nervous that I wouldn't have enough time to switch the pin to get the right amounts set between exercises, but you'll see that there is actually a good amount of time while Chalene is yapping ;) Using the tracking sheets (which I had NEVER done) is really really helpful because you can glance at that, see what you did last week (and any notes you wrote), and pick the right weight asap.
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    I have the Xmark 25 lb set. I like these a lot and they go up in 5 lb increments. I also have the Bayou 50 lb set. These are nicer than the Xmark ones, as the pins are metal not plastic. I feel like the pins move a little smoother. These go up in 10 lb increments, though (but that might only be because they are the 50 lb set). I also had the 40 lb Cap Barbell set. These really smell badly when they arrive. The smell does fade but it is really strong at first. Also, you have to stop the Dvd a lot to change the weights while you rarely have to do this with the adjustable weights.
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have Powerblocks also! I love mine. At first it took getting used to but I learned real quick how to adjust in time for DVDs. I only wish I could bring them along with me as I travel (I am 100% travel). I have to use the weights in t he fitness center of the hotels. Yes, I actually bring my laptop, dvd down to the fitness center. I do ask anybody in the fitness center if it is ok. LOL. I have never been denied and it actually sparks questions etc.
  • lashwish
    lashwish Posts: 93
    Options
    I have powerblocks too. I also love them!
    they are pricey but I usd a coupon & signed up for a sports store credit card & got several discounts.
    too bad I already had several free weights