Starting up

Options
:happy:

WELCOME ALL!

Hello there, If you have found and would like to join my little group please introduce yourself here and explain what brings you a) to the group and b) the MFP? x

Replies

• ktaqt3399
    ktaqt3399 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is katie Im 26. I am starting 30 day shred on september 1st. Ive had it for awhile but never stuck too it and listening to peoples success stories with this video on mfp has given me new motivation to try it so I am going to give it a go and hopefully move on to some of her other videos afterwards. I know they are hard but I also know they get results from what I am told. I came to myfitness pal about a month ago because i woke up and realized I didnt want to be 300 lbs plus forever. Ive never stuck with anything for longer than two weeks.....Its been a month and I am still at it. Im down 21 lbs with a long way to go. I want to do this for myself so I can be a healthier person for myself my husband and hopefully my future babies. I love new friends so Add me
  • Dot2Dots
    Dot2Dots Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi eveyone ! My name is Dot.

What brings me to this group ? I have a few of JM dvds (30 Day Shred & Yoga Meltdown) and being part of group helps keeps me accountable & motivated to push through even more. I like hearing everyone accomplishments and success stories as well.

What brings me to MFP ? I want to shape up, get fit, firm, stronger and healthy by my 45th Birthday. I have lost 13 lbs. so far. I have seen so many of my close friends and relatives suffer with health issues & I am trying my darnest not to be one of them.

Next...
  • NaturalNatgetsfit
    Options
    Hi Im Natalie i purchase the Jillian Micheals 30 day shred im on day 3 level 1 its not as bad as i was the firs day but she really is tough lol i hope i get great results
  • ggilbride
    ggilbride Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I started working out on Jullian Michaels 30 day ripped. This is my second week doing her exercises and I love it. Although I'm still working on week one, (modified) exercises, Hopefully this week I will start working on the advanced exercises.

I find that I have more energy during the day, after doing her DVD exercises.
  • ggilbride
    ggilbride Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good Luck and here is to a healthier happier life change!

I just wanted to share this with you. Since I have been recording my daily food intake I can see how much I am eating and see how many calories I am eating over. This weekend was a bad weekend but I am able to see what I'm eating and that is what is helping me get back on track.
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    Hi - I'm Susan and I am 45. I have several JM DVDs and am currently doing her Killer Buns & Thighs and Six-week Six Pack. I have been on MFP several years. My goal is to dropped about 5 more pounds and tone up all over.
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm Viva and I LOVE all of Jillian Michaels' workouts so far. I have completed 30 days of 30 Day Shred (twice). I currently on my second round of Ripped in 30 (completed the first round in April 2012. Started the second round August 2012). After Ripped in 30, I plan to do 30 days of Killer Buns and Thighs. I like to combine her other workouts into my weekly routine. Fast Kick Kickboxing, Banish Fat and Boost Metabolism, 6 Week Six Pack, No More Trouble Zone, Extreme Shed and Shred, and Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout are some of my favorites.

I've been a member of MFP since January 2012. So far, I've lost 23 pounds (from 155 to 132) and now I've maintained between 131 and 133 since June 2012. My goal weight is 129, but it's hard to get there with my current eating habits. :laugh: I'm excited about this group and look forward to sharing workout ideas and ways to modify some of the difficult moves.
  • freya33
    freya33 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am Jenny 65. I saw her on biggest loser and thought she was good. i have just bought a collection ( barging price) and started the 30 day shred. I can do it at home and NO-ONE can see me do it. I have found it not too bad ( day 4 level1) but sweat buckets by the end. When I have finished 30DS (if still alive) I will try one of the others in the set
    Anyone tried
    No more trouble zones
    Banish Fat boost metabolism or
    6 week 6 pack (the only 6 pack I have is rolls of flab but they are on their way out)
  • eramos126
    eramos126 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    HI! my name is Erica, 28 years old and i just started MFP last week. I am already seeing results from just traking what I'm eating! It feels great. I have tons of work out DVD's that I do every once in a while, but I've decided that my new goal is to be more consistant and work out at least 5 days a week. Enter 30 day shred... I've had this DVD for a while but have never got past level 1 :grumble: so, thought i'd join the group to help with the motivation factor :happy:
  • adianeschu
    adianeschu Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Anita, I'm 53 yrs old and I just bought 30day shred last night. So I will be starting it tonight. A little nervous but i will take it slow and try to do as much as I can. I think this will be a good group to have to keep me going.
  • ninnalibra
    Options
    jus started wit Jm 30 Ds...3days m lil sore ...jus want to ask do we do it daily or have rest days...
  • tanone67
    tanone67 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Lori and I am 45. Decided it's time to get moving again I have alot of Jillian DVD's so this should be perfect to get me moving again!
  • shawntrale
    shawntrale Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Shawnnie. I've been using MFP off and on for a year. I recently gained 23lbs so now I'm trying to get to a healthy weight. I bought the Jillian body revolution DVD program.. Ive been using it off and on but I'm trying to stick with it for the next 90 days. Hopefully I can handle it.
  • trublue1
    trublue1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Rhea (pronounced like Ray) and I started 30 day Shred this morning. My boyfriend and I decided to get healthy together. I have lost and gained weight so many times. This time I want it to be the last I lose and keep it off. I am 38 years old and I wen to the doctor today and my blood pressure was elevated. I'm already on medications for Lupus and HTN. Anywho, it felt great working our this morning. I love to exercise I just love cake too. LOL.

If you do something for 21 days it becomes a habit. If you do it for 45 days, it becomes a lifestyle change. Let's Go!
  • Aloe9100
    Aloe9100 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm a huge Jillian Michaels and Biggest Loser fan, up until she left anyways. I have the 30DS starting after I get back from vacation Sept 4th. Ripped in 30, Kickbox cardio and Yoga meltdown and they are all super DVDs. I was going to the gym but got bored and am now going to try this at home. Or maybe both and mix it up.
    I'm 215lbs with a happy goal of 175lbs and we will rethink a new one when I'm here but I just want to get there and love it.
    Good luck everyone!
    Cheers to Jillian Michaels, she's awesome! Great group!
  • nazneenkm
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I've got JMs 30 day shred and I'll be starting tomorrow. I'm the heaviest I've ever been and I hate going to the gym because I feel too self concious so this seemed the best way to lose some weight!

I'm 28 and I've never really had to worry about my weight before because i worked in catering and was constantly on the feet and running around, but a year and a half of being married and a housewife have helped the weight pile on!!

I'm really looking forward to getting back to the old me!!!

Good Luck Everyone!!

Naz. xxx
  • vicyvix
    vicyvix Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Vicky and I'm 20!

I got into the Jillian Michaels workouts after seeing the fantastic results a friend achieved after doing the 30DS. I just love how a 20-30 minute exercise can feel so intense and just as good as a couple of hours at the gym. I'm going to restart the 30DS in a few days when my gym membership ends. I'm never managed to complete it just because of having to juggle the amount of space it needs (university halls of residence aren't designed for exercise!) so fingers crossed I can manage it this time and start on one of the other JM workouts I own!

I'm aiming to lose another 30-35 pounds over the next 6-9 months just to put me at a healthy weight and make me feel better about my body. :smile:

Good luck guys, let's hope that we don't need it :wink:

P.S. feel free to add me, my only friends so far on MFP is my sister and my mum!
  • sarahmatters
    Options
    Wow! I just logged back in and saw all your responses! I'm so chuffed :) Welcome everyone! You all sound lke a great motivated positive group of ladies. I look forward to us all boosting eachother up. Let's really stay involved here and tell eachother what we have done each day and what problems we might be having too. I'll try and post a question every few days for you all to answer too! If we all add each other as friends then we can all see what the others are doing easily too (scary I know!)

Hi Katie- 30 day shred really is the best workout you can do I think. Yes it's tough but completely doable and Jillian's instruction is very motivating. I've got a load of women of all different ages and sizes doing it from my workplace and all of them love it. Yes, you will get very out of breath and YES you will certainly SWEAT a ton but that's how you know you are doing it right. It's only 20 mins, it goes so quick and if you just stick at it for 1 week you'll notice the improvement I promise! ;) Can't wait to hear how you get on.

Hi Dot- I love Yoga Meltdown. One of my proper yoga friends gets very upset by it and says it's not proper yoga but it's an awesome leg workout don't you think? I've only ever done level 1 though. Have you got to level 2 yet? Nothing better for getting firm than Jillian. I think she is waging a one woman war against the wobble! ;)

Hi Natalie, Well done for getting to day 3. Keep going lady. I honestly believe that all you have to do is drag yourself faithfully through a Jillian workout on a regular basis. Bring your a game to it and you will definteily see results. Let us know how you get on.

Hi ggilbride- I totally get what you mean about having more energy. I think it makes you feel more positive too knowing you've made an effort that day. It's very rewarding emotionally. I am much more of an evening workout girl myself. I just hate mornings too much to workout!!

Hi Susan- Killer buns is one of my faves. My legs are my problem area and Jillan's too. I think she hates her thighs. Which is another reason to love her. Six week six pack is a weird one. It has some fantastic moves in but I think I perfer the workpouts she does where its lots of little circuits as opposed to 2 longer. Level 2 6w6p is beyond me. A friend and I tried it and collapsed on the floor laughing at ourselves. Maybe that could be my goal to build up to? What's your experience with them? How do you do them? Do you alternate or just do as you feel?

Hi Viva- You sound like a real JM enthusiast- I can see we can all ask you questions we have about the ones we havent done. I have the fastfix one to start soon. What do you think of it? I think NMTZ is my all time favourite. Once upon a time I used to alternate between that and BFBM and do it 5 days a week. I've never been fitter or looked better but's it's going to take some building back up to be able to do 45 mins of JM again!!! Well done on your weightloss success.

Hi Jenny- I hear you about the benefits of front room workout. You can try your hardest, swaet the most and also swear nice and loud at Jillian if you need to and I think it leads to a much better workout than I could ever do in the gym! I've tried all 3 of those workouts. I think NMTZ is my favourite and the best overall toning workout i've ever done. My friend swears by BFBM. 6 week 6 pack is good but I am unsure about the running order. It's just 2 longer circuits repeated- the second with more intensity. I think there's a little disparity in the moves as well. Some are really hard and some too easy. I wonder how others feel about that though?

Hi Erica- Go for it!! 30 day shred makes it so easy to stay motivated. I don't know about everyon else but I feel like I need to go back and do it again tomorrow just because Jillian says " and we'll see you tomorrow" I don't want to disappoint her! Let us know how you get on with it. When are you starting? Give us a sweat count after your first workout ;)

Hi Anita- Don't be nervous. It's a great workout. I actually find Jillian's remarks really funny in it! See if you agree.?! I'm terrible for quoting her at people! (very sad I know!!) Let us know how it goes. You'll be awesome. Remember it's only 20 minutes and you will feel like a rockstar at the end of it. Then once you've got through it once what's stopping you the next time. Dtarting is the hardest part. Can't wait to hear how you get on! :)

Hi Ninnalibra- by 3 days you will be sore! Now there is alittle controversy over the every day thing. Some people do and can maage it and I know Jillian would say it's managable and would make people of biggest loser do more and every day too. But in reality you know what you can do. I get terrible delayed onset msucle soreness (doms) which means I can only every do 3 days and then I have to rest. Why don't you do as many days as you can and then do something inbetween that works the same muscles but less strenous. Like a brisk walk, jog or a swim or cycle for 20 mins. Is it mainly leg soreness? I find that doing longer stretching really helps as you need to get all the lactic acid out of your muscles and I do think the strecthes are a little brief sometimes. Try doing them for longer and see if that helps.

Hi Lori- My eact reason for starting this group. Let's get moving together. Which one are you doing tonight?

Hi Shawnnie, I am SO jealous that you have Body Rev! I am in the UK and so cannot get it yet. How is it? You can handle it!! Grrr go get em!

Hi Rhea- How lovely that your bf is doing it with you. Mine is naturally skinny and allergic to exercise. I made him do yoga with me last night for the first time. You've never heard so much complaining. does your man complain less? (and I hear you on the cake too. Cake is fine as long as you earn it though!!)

Hi Rose- YThank you! I'm realy pleased that other people love her workouts as much as I do. I swear I should be getting commission! Yes mix it up. That's my fave thing about it if you have a selection of her DVD's you can always find something that you can be motivated to do on that day. Let us know what you do next.

Hi Nazeenkm- I dislike the gym too. Most of the people there seem to be skinny teenagers who don't know what it means to have to sweat. Far too much preening and posing for my liking. Front room workouts are the way forward I say! Good luck reclaiming the real you. I'm all for that reason for motivation. Here's to feeling happy, confident and healthy.

Hi Vicky- You are right. I never feel satisifed unless I get a 30 day shred-like puff on these days, everything else seems a waste of time. Leanring that you can get really out of breath but you aren't going to keel over is so confidence buiolding and a skill you van take to other forms of exercise. Leanring how far you can push it and what your body is capabale of is so empowering isn''t it? Yoga meltdown is a really great one is you are short on space. Friend request on it's way to you!

Thanks again for joining ladies. Be sure to check in regularly! :) Now i'm off for a lunchtime swim....
  • vicyvix
    vicyvix Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, I don't think yoga meltdown is available in the UK :( its okay, I'm moving into a new student house so I'm just going to take up the living room! Haha
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I've been using MFP off and on for a few months now because I'm the heaviest I've ever been and I feel really unhealthy and gross. Need to make some serious changes!

I've just started 30DS too - tonight will be day three of the workout! I'm really sore already but I feel great, so much energy after I do one of the workouts...which is great because of course I want to have more energy...but it's bad because I workout in the evening and then I'm all pumped up and can't sleep! :)

I'm not sure how many calories I'm burning when I do the workouts although I am working up quite a sweat. I put in a guess at 150 which I think is underestimating but I'd rather underestimate than overestimate.