Weekly chat - Aug 20 - Aug 26

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
Welcome to our weekly thread! Please feel free to repost the thread on Monday of each new week. Just remember to change the dates in the topic title.

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)
Cynthia (saihtnyc)
Emily (emom3boys)
Randy (Randyamc)
Sandra (Leeloominai01)
Toni (Themoodys13)
Corey (coreyisaacs)
Joe (misterbigg36)
Dee (Dedee36)
Tawnya (RubytOU)
Mariesa (princessmariesa)
Sri (slimntrim77)
Becky (altheiathepixie)

Replies

• shorty313
    Options
    My race was yesterday! :smile: I came in at 1042nd out of 1146 :laugh: with a time of 1:02:56. Slow, but I did it! I had to walk about half a mile in the middle due to a stitch, but otherwise ran the whole thing. Near the end my brother doubled back after he was done and ran a few blocks with me :smile: He had a great time of 38:46! I was happy I beat a 4 year old :laugh: My goal was to be under 1:05 so I made that at least!
  • altheiathepixie
    Options
    I can't tell you how awesome I think that is Debbie! Congratulations, you must be so pumped! What is your next running goal?

As for me, I lost 4 pounds this week (since last Wednesday really) in my first weigh in. I'm pretty pleased wit that. :) I'm also pleased that I had a friend over with her daughter this weekend and we made both lunch and dinner and I stayed within my calories - even enjoyed a glass of wine with her! The MFP mobile app on my phone made ALL the difference - even with a not so great 3G connection I was able to look everything up easily and log it all without guessing. I'm in love... LOL
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Congrats on the race Debbie!

Becky, I love the mobile app for being able to look up food on the go. It has saved me from bad choices many times! And way to start out big with 4 lbs, congrats on the loss!
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Congrats to both Debbie and Becky - sounds like a good start to the week here!

I'm entering my last week of summer vacation (poor me, I know, LOL), so the beginning-of-the-fall-semester insanity is now in full-swing. I *still* have to write my first two lectures (boo), but everything else seems to be set for the first week of class. I suppose I should dig out my work pants and see if any of them still fit...

Despite the dramatic increase in my work load (from basically nothing to almost full-time at the computer over the last 2-3 weeks), I've still managed to keep up with some decent exercise. Yesterday, my husband and I took a nice long 1.5-hour walk on the foot path around one of the lakes (retention ponds) near our house. I don't know why we haven't walked around this one before - there IS another one closer, but this new one isn't much further away, and it's a MUCH longer and more hilly and interesting path - it'll definitely be in our regular rotation from now on. (And I cannot WAIT for winter and snow so I can take my snowshoes over there! :love: ). Also, I resumed NROL4W today after taking a rest week to let my knee get back to normal. I started stage 3, and WOW was workout A tough! The lifting part took me almost an hour, and then I had to do a crapload of squats, lunges, jump lunges, and jump squats. Admittedly, I only did half-lunges for a bunch of the jump lunges (because I'd like my knee to STAY feeling better), but I still felt like my legs were going to give out at the end of the workout. I imagine I'll be plenty sore by Wednesday - just in time for my next workout! :laugh:
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    Congrats Debbie!!! That is a great job!

Way to go Becky!

I had a more productive work out weekend so that was awesome! Friday Family Fun Night with my SIL and nephew. I did Just Dance 2 for an hr! :) Then Sunday, I swam for 2 hours and went to the gym for about an hr! I am now .8 pounds away from 35 lbs lost!!! When I hit the 35 lb lost mark, my reward is my new shoes that have been in my closet since May?! I need to focus on the plan despite the stress at work...I am awaiting news on an inner company job interview that I had on Friday and the wait is horrible!! It's been a long day, I need to shower and head to bed!

Have a great week all!
  • shorty313
    Options
    Blue I hope you hear good news soon!

I've been starving ever since Sunday, I think my body knew I was under for calories and needed to make them up. Last night I finally felt sated. I had an unexpected lunch out at applebees yesterday and did pretty well except the bread stick, was NOT expecting it to be so many calories (280 for a 3 inch stick!) so I ended up quite over yesterday. Sigh. I should be able to stick to the plan today though. I need to break through this plateau!
  • saihtnyc
    saihtnyc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Debbie - congrats on the race!

I'm doing better since my head first fall down the stairs on Thursday, but every time I move around too much, I get sore, in pain, and/or dizzy. I have a neck and back problem now. Thankfully, my sprained ankle is better. I guess it takes a while to recover from a concussion. I want to swim before our pool closes in a week and a half, and since that's not an impact sport, maybe I can get some light swimming in this weekend.

I'm thinking of adjusting my calories down since I can't be as active, since I'm still not under my lowest weight from before my big trip/daughter surgery out of town/stressful time in June-July. I just keep bouncing around the same few pounds.
  • Blueyz82
    Options
    Hey guys!

Thank you, Debbie!

Well, it is official as of today, I still have a job, but I am running a different store now, a high-volume store, so now I won't be so bored daily during the off season. It's bitter-sweet. I am really sad because I love my store and my associates, but at least I still have a job (re-structuring was done). So, if I'm absent a lot, I am running around like a crazy person trying to get adjusted to new store and now a longer commute to work!

Saihtnyc- glad you are doing better! hope you are able to get back into your routine soon!

Hope you all have a nice rest of the week! I will most likely only be able to log this week :/
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Congrats on the new job! Its always tough when a company re-structures, that was done at my office about a month ago and it really does add so much stress while you wait it out.

Well my week is not going so great diet wise. After a weekend of terrible eating followed by TOM my weight is up, way up. I keep thinking at least a couple pounds must be bloat that will drop off but I have had no change for the past 3 days. The problem is being compounded by the fact that I am just eating way too much sodium this week. I'm generally feeling very frustrated and impatient. My instinct here would be to go do a lot of cardio but I'm making myself stick with my lifting program and cardio will have to wait for the weekend.

On a related note I have decided I will try not to drink until mid-September. The useless calories plus all of the extra eating I seem to be doing while out are really my biggest problem right now. Its time for a "detox" so to speak. You know when people talk about how they have a hard time with their friends with unhealthy lifestyles? I really seem to be having that problem right now and I'm struggling with feeling like I should pull away from them some. I don't think I have ever hung out with this particular group of girls when it did not involve eating and/or drinking. It just might be time to dial back how much time I spend with them. This type of behavior is what got me to my highest weight a few years ago in the first place.
  • Blueyz82
    Options
    thank you, Ellie! Yeah, the stress has been horrific,,,it feels like it is getting worse the stress! I have like a billion questions to ask and I had to go in blindly today not knowing what all gets done there daily! uggh. At least next week another manager is coming to help me learn what I need to know...I am short staffed too, so that blows. So, I have to work 6 days a week for now, but I get home earlier so that is a plus...

Ellie, I know the feeling. I have some friends that eat whatever and they are like eat whatever you want. Most of the time, I try to follow what I think is better, but it usually doesn't work. Maybe you can suggest some kind of activity or outing that doesn't involve eating or drinking? Good luck to you! You will get back on track, just stay positive and strong :)
  • shorty313
    Options
    Cynthia - glad to hear you are on the mend :) Take it easy my friend!

Blue - hopefully you can learn the ropes fast. I see you are SO CLOSE to wearing your new sneaks!

Ellie- I struggle with friends too, mostly in the summer because we tend to go out more in the summertime. I guess I should be happy I've mostly maintained this summer, at least I didn't gain!

As for me, I was FINALLY back under 140 again this morning, phew! I hope it's the last time I go over that mark. It's so depressing not to see the number on the scale move! On the plus side, I'm now doing REAL pushups, 2 sets of 15 :bigsmile: Hopefully I don't undo the weight this weekend, I know DH and I are planning on dinner/movie Sat night and I'm a sucker for movie popcorn. Full butter. :embarassed:
  • slimntrim77
    Options
    I am still here :| Sorry I fell off the grid this past week. We went out of town and I thought I'd keep track of everything and come online as well but I was just so busy having fun with family and friends I didn't even check my email. Completely disconnected myself and dropped off the grid. Good news is I am still down the weight I lost before I left and bad news is I really ate poorly and didn't work out a single day this past week. So, I will start from scratch again tomorrow. My cousin (who is also my bestie) is coming to visit us in Oct. I told her she will see a slim me. Fingers crossed! I hope everyone else is doing good.

Yay Debbie for falling under 140. I can't wait to see mine go under 160 for now.
    Ellie: I am totally with you on the friends part. This past week I kept saying I want to watch what I am eating if I don't get to workout at least but the cakes, pastries, ice creams, frozen yogurts just kept coming. Finally I caved in so I won't be the kill joy of the group and ate everything. Surprisingly my weight didn't change this morning. I hope to see a downward trend now.

Cynthia: Hope you feel better soon!