Knees

Options
vyanadevi
vyanadevi Posts: 134 Member
So I think that I am not using the proper form for doing the lunges b/c my knees are starting to hurt a little, anyone else having this problem? So I took a day off yesterday b/c I don't want to hurt them any more.

Replies

• awerewka
    awerewka Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My knees are just starting to hurt and I will be doing day 8 today. Also my ankles hurt when doing jumping jacks. I am going to still do day 8 today but maybe take it a little easy or modify a bit. Maybe jogging in spot instead of the jumping jacks and not going down all the way with the lunges.
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Be careful with both injuries but also with the ankle my Aunt severely sprained her ankle with jumping jacks and was hurt for several months.
  • vyanadevi
    Options
    Yeah I hear ya, that is why I took yesterday off. Id ef see some difference tho but at the same time, I don't want to hurt myself where I will be in recovery for a few weeks or something like that. So I am going to do some swimming today for an hour or so and call it an evening, with a very light dinner, like a grilled chicken salad. I think that I am def going to modify the lunges b/c I don't want my knees to keep hurting, thinking I am also going to go get some fish oil for inflamation and what nots.
  • asdandme
    asdandme Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    If you are leaning forward during the lunges you put alot of pressure on your knees. Maybe try doing the lunges with no weights to get your form down or just using a lighter weight for the lunges. Hope this helps:smile:
  • vyanadevi
    Options
    Thanks. I have tried last night doing it again and I took my time to make sure that I got the form down, so my knees are not hurting this morning :smile: but now I have a cold, so hopefully I can get to it again tonight, we'll see.
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Be careful with those. Years ago I was shown exactly how and a trainer made sure my form was correct doing the lunges. I know Im doing them correctly yet they are starting to hurt like they did years ago. Im 40- maybe the 'cushion' in the knees is not what it used to be? Maybe its just the muscles arent used to it? Im not sure- but I quit the lunges- I like squats way better anyway- or I will dead lift during her lunges - the side ones too- those cant be good for the knees either. Im not going to use my knees (or any body part) as an experiment for what I can still do or not. I often feel those knee rolls she does to "warm up" are kinda bunk- not really feeling them warm up squat diddly.

So as of yesterday (day 8) I have began to modify this workout way too much Im afraid - but I have to be careful.