Two Week Mini-Challenge

Options
jchrisman717
jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
I am starting a two-week mini-challenge for myself. Because of my hectic schedule I have had a hard time doing the workouts within the two 30 day periods. I am not even ready to start the Max dvd's yet either. I do much better with mini-goals. So my two-week challenge is to do Insanity every day (Monday through Friday) for two weeks and then see my results. We camp out (primitive camping) Saturdays and Sundays so I won't have any access to the dvd's but I will be walking/hiking those days. Any one want to join?

Today is Cardio Power and Resistance.

Oh and nutrition wise - my goal is to plan and cook dinner versus eating out every night. I'm not going to concentrate on logging calories yet as I need to just get into the swing of working out first, but do need to start eating healthier.

Replies

• jchrisman717
    Options
    Wow - what a weekend of high sodium and little rest will do! I had no energy for my workout and this is the first time I really felt like I was going to throw up. But I did it! Cardio Power and Resistance - maybe not with the dvd - but I kept moving. I did 8 full pushups too! Tomorrow is Pure Cardio - keep on moving!
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Day 2 Check! Cardio Recovery today - not my favorite of the dvd's but I hear the stretching and the yoga moves are good for you. I did do a brisk 20 min. walk after as it was nice and sunny outside.

Really trying to stay focused and positive as my pants are still not fitting any looser. I am not logging my calories - but really trying to stay within range and eat healthier. I had around 600 calories left when I went home last night and had a small glass of wine and a chicken rice dinner that was about 480 calories so I stayed close I know. Tonight I am roasting a chicken with veggies and salad.

Ready for Day 3 tomorrow which will have to be done in the morning as I have a work function at lunch (BBQ and going to really really try to eat good!), and then tomorrow night we have bowling league. Again - going to try hard not to eat the greasy fried food there and drink too much beer!
  • tenofakind
    Options
    your idea for insanity two weeks straight is a good one! I'm not doing the challenge because i am a stay at home mom so i have to time to work out, but i wish you all the luck in the world! and stick with it! i loveee insanity I'm only on day four i did the cardio recovery today, i loved the stretching its probably been my favorite! you can add me if you want, seems like we are kinda on the same dvds!
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Thanks! I can use all the support I can get. I love Insanity too -- I am just having such a hard time sticking to the schedule as it calls for. But I figure any time I work out is better than not working out. I'll add you.
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    I did not give up on my challenge - I had a litle detour. I had to take a break and do a light detox as I was so sluggish and bloated and just didn't have the energy to do my workouts. I did a 3 day fruit detox and feel so much better! I am back to my workouts and so far this week feeling great. Got to keep my intake of processed foods down - that's where the feeling crappy part comes in.