August Mini Challenges

Options
20th - Mountain Climbers 30-60 seconds, 3 reps

21st - Arm Circles 2 minutes

22nd Quadruped Hip Extensions 1-3 sets of 10-16 reps (no weights necessary) http://exercise.about.com/od/exerciseworkouts/ss/bestbuttexercis.htm

23rd Bird Dog Ab Exercise 1-3 sets of 10-6 reps http://exercise.about.com/od/abs/ss/abmoves1_3.htm

24th - Squat thrusts 10-15 http://exercise.about.com/od/cardioworkouts/ss/cardioexercises_2.htm

25th - 35 minutes of any cardio

26th - 20 minutes any cardio 100 crunches

Replies

• kristen807
    kristen807 Posts: 361
    Options
    27th- 100 jumping jacks
    28th - day 100 bicep curls
    29th - 100 crunches
    30th -100 leg raises
    31st - LAST DAY make it count :) 25 jumping jacks, 25 dips, 25 curls, 25 crunches 25 leg raises and 25 knee raises. 20 mins of cardio.

(compliments of one of our admins) :D
  • Ambie213
    Ambie213 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    3 sets of 60 second mountain climbers done! Whew!

Also, loving the look of the final week!!! Esp. that last day - just not totally sure what knee raises are...
  • kristen807
    Options
    haha you know I will have to look them up myself :) I will post the links shortly.
  • kristen807
    Options
    Arm circles today, 2 minutes. If you can do do 2 minutes each direction even better :)http://www.livestrong.com/article/6195-need-arm-circles/
  • Ambie213
    Options
    I did 2 minutes total of arm circles - 1 min forward, 1 min back. I will do that again to make 2 mins each way!
  • tigletcann
    Options
    Arm circles done, 2 minutes in each direction, what a killer! is that on the log list for MFP excercises?
  • kristen807
    Options
    it isn't I had to add it manually.
  • Ambie213
    Options
    I did 2 minutes total of arm circles - 1 min forward, 1 min back. I will do that again to make 2 mins each way!

Did my 2 minutes in each direction!
  • kristen807
    Options

Did my 2 minutes in each direction!

nice :)
  • AlyssaLev
    Options
    Just did the arm circles - forgot how tired your arms get while doing them.
  • kristen807
    Options
    haha, my arms get tired and I do it with NO weights. Great job :)
  • jasminebaggins
    jasminebaggins Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Did the arm circles. A lot harder than I realized. I'm really proud I did them!
  • izzybeth85
    Options
    Wow. I was really surprised how hard the arm circles were & equally surprised at how one side was much harder than the other! I guess I just proved what I read in Fitness magazine this month that people tend to exercise their "mirror muscles" (what we can see in the mirror, like the chest) & neglect those in the back (like the rear shoulders).
  • tigletcann
    Options

How many calories burnt for that one?
  • kristen807
    Options

How many calories burnt for that one?

I use a very very rough estimate. your body weight x 0.096. then take that number and mulitply for the minutes you did the exercise for. It probably overshoots it, but it helps to get an idea. :)
  • brujo44
    brujo44 Posts: 12
    Options
    didnt think id struggles as much as i did with the arm circles hehehe still glad i did them ! bring on tomorrow!
  • kristen807
    Options
    didnt think id struggles as much as i did with the arm circles hehehe still glad i did them ! bring on tomorrow!

they are deceptive :)
  • tigletcann
    Options
    Done the hip extensions, 3 sets of 16 reps with each leg! These little challenges are making me feel really good :)
  • kristen807
    Options
    Did mine, my butt hurts :)
  • kelgwin36
    kelgwin36 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hip extensions done, 3 sets 20 reps per leg :smile:
This discussion has been closed.