Body Weight Matrix :(

Options
cannonsky
cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
Started Stage 3 today and I was doing pretty well... but when I got to the body weigh matrix my knees felt like they were going to disintegrate.... so I stopped. I've had knee issues in the past and so I wasn't really surprised that this happened... but I'm wondering if I should suck it up an try to get through it? Should I do it later on in the day? Is there some sort of alternative thing I could do? Any insight would be awesome!

Replies

• Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Go as far as you can, write down your progress, and keep trying.

I can only get through the first half, when I start jumping my legs are like OKAY THAT'S ENOUGH OF THAT NONSENSE haha

But each time I do it I can go one more. Literally, just one. Hey its still progress.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    If you've had knee isues, I'd check with a doctor or physical therapist to make sure you're not going to end up injured. Otherwise, maybe do intervals after both workout A & B if those are OK on your knees?
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    My husband has had 7 knee surgeries (poor guy) and just finished up Insanity which is all body weight and a lot of the same moves as the BWM. He said that he can see how so many people injure themselves. First of all, when you're exhausted (who isn't during the BWM), it's harder to make sure to make the movements soft (like hitting hard on the ground when coming down from a squat jump instead of landing back down in squat position).

Personally, I don't think it's worth the risk. I'd sub HIIT instead.
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    My husband has had 7 knee surgeries (poor guy) and just finished up Insanity which is all body weight and a lot of the same moves as the BWM. He said that he can see how so many people injure themselves. First of all, when you're exhausted (who isn't during the BWM), it's harder to make sure to make the movements soft (like hitting hard on the ground when coming down from a squat jump instead of landing back down in squat position).

Personally, I don't think it's worth the risk. I'd sub HIIT instead.

Yeah... I didn't even really get a chance to have trouble making sure my landings were soft. I'm usually pretty good about that because I'm use to landing "softly" from dancing most of my life... but I did one lunge jump and each leg and wiped my hands of it... it was pretty bad lol