Introduce Yourself

Options
2»

Replies

• kristen807
    kristen807 Posts: 361
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm Carrie and I'm 38. I've been on MFP since November 2010. I love it here. I was always the "big girl" in class. I always thought of myself being fat, this led to the yo-yo dieting when I was younger. It wasn't until I was diagnosed with MS (2002) that I gave my head a shake and got my act together so I can be there for my husband and children. I no longer work (for pay), I stay home and do what I can and I listen to my body for my limitations. I'm finally at my goal weight and I need some motivation to stay here. I've been at this weight before but not for very long as I go back to my old habits.

Nice to meet you and feel free to add me as a friend.

Carrie

very inspiring, glad to have you with us :)
  • kristen807
    Options
    hi. i am elizabeth. just joined today after putting on 8 of the 17 lbs lost with another weightloss program. love going to gym anf working out but have not be able to do to injury, injury gone now and i am finding it hard to get back. want to work this program for all it is worth.

I am glad your injury has healed. :) Best of luck
  • reneewill
    reneewill Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My name is Renee and I am from Iowa. My daughter and I are trying to lose weight and get healthier. We both joined myfitnesspal about a week ago and she told me about this group and the daily challenges. I hope its not too late to join!
  • kristen807
    Options
    Anyone can join at anytime :) welcome. who is your daughter?
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Dee. I am almost 51 and am fighting to get off the lbs I have gained from losing my job and going through menopause at the same time. I am a binge eater so of course I did not deal with these changes very well. The job thing has been a blessing cause I am keeping my sweet grandson but there is no blessing in the menopause.
    Thanks for the challenge!
    Dee
  • kristen807
    Options
    Hello! I'm Dee. I am almost 51 and am fighting to get off the lbs I have gained from losing my job and going through menopause at the same time. I am a binge eater so of course I did not deal with these changes very well. The job thing has been a blessing cause I am keeping my sweet grandson but there is no blessing in the menopause.
    Thanks for the challenge!
    Dee

Welcome! We hope you enjoy the group. I can sympathize with the binge eating. I hope everything is looking up for you from now on c:
  • JMMac121
    JMMac121 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good morning, my name is Jaclyn and I am 28 y/o. My sister is kristen807, group leader lol. I admire her and am very much inspired and proud of her for running this group and coming as far as she has fitness wise :) she is the one who introduced me to this site, for that I am grateful because even though I have not been as diligent as her, it has kept me from lingering too far off the beaten path.

Me and exercise has always been a love-hate relationship, I love trying new things to spice up my routines. I am very much a Jillian Michaels fan and own probably half of her DVD collection lol, I hit the elliptical a lot, believe planks is a staple exercise move, hiking, yoga, 5ks, spin class, boot camps, PF gym member ( though I pretty much pay them not to go)..etc. Now, in sense, I look like a very active person, but in reality, I am a very, let's say 'organized' person..I tend to burn out a lot due to over exercise as my sister would say. For example, I would set my own exercise goal of the day, ie a JM workout, some time on the elliptical, doing a plank machine, these mini challenges :), but if someone were to suggest going to the gym, an outdoor hike, and since I have updated to a smartphone, using my workout trainer app, etc, etc, I would consider that 'extra working out' and would not feel satisfied if I didn't get mine done as well; even though a hike would be considered a form of exercise!!!! That coupled with the fact that I somewhat have a fear that if I take a day off, say, to recover, I will fall out of routine and not get back in to the swing of things..hence my burn outs lol. I am hoping I didn't scare some of you off, lol..I know there are more like me out there. Hopefully, in this group where we can overcome this quirk.

As, for food, That is always a struggle. I am very much an emotional eater and I mean, every emotion lol. I tend to go extremes with eating, one day I will be a clean eater, the next a junk food junkie. I would say I am very much a carb and sugar junkie and definitely track those, but mostly I just love food, good and bad a like. I very much want to lead a clean lifestyle, but find that when I get a taste of the processed stuff, I literally become a junkie. This is where I feel like I need the most work and support..cleaning up my diet and not doing a cold turkey extreme one. Something where I can slowly cut out the bad and replace it with the good until I become satisfied with how I eat.

I want to learn to set and achieve small goals for myself, so in turn they will turn in to huge successes where I can be proud of myself, enough to keep this up and achieve the healthy, BALANCED lifestyle I have always wanted.

ALL THE BEST MFP FRIENDS!
  • kristen807
    Options
    Good morning, my name is Jaclyn and I am 28 y/o. My sister is kristen807, group leader lol. I admire her and am very much inspired and proud of her for running this group and coming as far as she has fitness wise :) she is the one who introduced me to this site, for that I am grateful because even though I have not been as diligent as her, it has kept me from lingering too far off the beaten path.

Me and exercise has always been a love-hate relationship, I love trying new things to spice up my routines. I am very much a Jillian Michaels fan and own probably half of her DVD collection lol, I hit the elliptical a lot, believe planks is a staple exercise move, hiking, yoga, 5ks, spin class, boot camps, PF gym member ( though I pretty much pay them not to go)..etc. Now, in sense, I look like a very active person, but in reality, I am a very, let's say 'organized' person..I tend to burn out a lot due to over exercise as my sister would say. For example, I would set my own exercise goal of the day, ie a JM workout, some time on the elliptical, doing a plank machine, these mini challenges :), but if someone were to suggest going to the gym, an outdoor hike, and since I have updated to a smartphone, using my workout trainer app, etc, etc, I would consider that 'extra working out' and would not feel satisfied if I didn't get mine done as well; even though a hike would be considered a form of exercise!!!! That coupled with the fact that I somewhat have a fear that if I take a day off, say, to recover, I will fall out of routine and not get back in to the swing of things..hence my burn outs lol. I am hoping I didn't scare some of you off, lol..I know there are more like me out there. Hopefully, in this group where we can overcome this quirk.

As, for food, That is always a struggle. I am very much an emotional eater and I mean, every emotion lol. I tend to go extremes with eating, one day I will be a clean eater, the next a junk food junkie. I would say I am very much a carb and sugar junkie and definitely track those, but mostly I just love food, good and bad a like. I very much want to lead a clean lifestyle, but find that when I get a taste of the processed stuff, I literally become a junkie. This is where I feel like I need the most work and support..cleaning up my diet and not doing a cold turkey extreme one. Something where I can slowly cut out the bad and replace it with the good until I become satisfied with how I eat.

I want to learn to set and achieve small goals for myself, so in turn they will turn in to huge successes where I can be proud of myself, enough to keep this up and achieve the healthy, BALANCED lifestyle I have always wanted.

ALL THE BEST MFP FRIENDS!

You are my inspiration <3 reminds me of a Chicago song lol
  • melanielb73
    melanielb73 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My name is Melanie (obviously) and I am 39. I started in the August group but had some personal things come up that seemed to take over. I am joining again and love that a group has been created. I have a beautiful and very very active 3 year old daughter and an awesome 9 year old step son. I was never really over weight when I was younger. Mine started more after college and later in life- I have been up and down for years. This is the most i have weighed ever and I am just tired of being like this. I weigh more than I did when I was pregnant with my daughter. I have psoriatic arthritis which got really bad after having my daughter and that has been part of the problem - I was in pain a lot. I have finally found a treatment that is working so I can start moving again. Anyway I am looking forward to finishing this time.
  • kristen807
    Options
    welcome back melanie c:
  • missmayeb
    missmayeb Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Starting late but trying to get back on the healthy train, got stalled there for a bit with some health issues and being sick, but still determined to stay on track.

I am a 30 year old momma to a little 16 month old fearless toddler. She is a crazy crazy girl. I am still struggling to lose some of the weight I had before baby and some of the baby fat. I am doing good though. I only have 12 more lbs. to go!!

I am really just trying to get back in shape and be better than I was before.
  • AnotherAustinGirl
    Options
    My name is Pat from Austin, TX. I'm 58 but feel like I'm still 30. Mentailly, I feel and act like I'm 12 sometimes.

I joined the group on 9/24 and started doing the challenges that day.

24th - Alternate Leg Dead lift with weights 12 reps each side. DONE
    25th - Standing V raise 15. with weights DONE
    26th - 100 bicycle crunches. DONE

I forgot to weigh in this morning and now it's late. I'm in the habit of weighing in the morning when I even do it.

I had lapband surgery and have lost more than 50 pounds so far and looking forward to losing more. Losing that much has really made it easier to exercise. I have some knee problems so can't do any jumping but can get through just about anything else.
  • kristen807
    Options
    Glad to have you with us Pat c: Congrats on your weight loss so far!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Patty. I have put on weight and have terrible self-esteem. When I was tiny I still had issues with how I looked and am just begining to appreciate where I was at.

Looking forward to the Oct. Mini Challenges!