Vitamin question

Hello!
So I'm in week 3 of my reset and started taking vitamins to help with the bloating and what not. I bought Naturemade Super B-Complex and Mason natural Digestive Enzymes (since those types of vitamins are recommended on the em2wl site). I was taking them with my morning meal because it said one a day but then everyday I was taking them I'd have real bad stomach pains all day long. At first I thought maybe it was because I'm eating more but I decided to cut the vitamins out for one day and that day the pain stopped. So I was wondering if I should take them at night? I've been taking them at night for a couple nights now and I have been feeling fine but the Super B-Complex is to turn food into energy so that wouldn't really make sense to take at night... right? haha. So I'm thinking it's the digestive enzymes one that is causing the stomach pains that sometimes feels like heart burn too. Has anyone else had this happen? And is it fine to take the digestive enzymes at night or is that just *kitten* backwards?

Thanks so much!

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    digestive enzymes should be taken before food (aids in digestion) and the B complex early in the day (5 hour energy is basically B12). Taking the B complex could actually cause you to have problems sleeping. B complex shouldn't bother your stomach, but the enzymes could. Try Activa yogurt instead of the digestive enzymes (only if you have no allergy to dairy and LIKE yogurt). Also do you have any gallbladder problems? If the pain/discomfort is on your right front side around the edge of you rib cage it could be that. The digestive enzymes could be increasing the bile production, causing the pain and heartburn. Best to see a GI doc.
  • josephinabonetto
    josephinabonetto Posts: 253 Member
    B Complex high strength vitamins bother my stomach. I no longer buy high potency vitamins, just normal ones. It could just be you need a normal, not a super.