Getting worried...

So, I'm on my seventh week of reset and am apparently still gaining weight. :( I posted last week about how I went up two pounds in a WEEK and I attributed it to water weight due to my period. However, my period is long gone now, and I had my weigh in today. I'm now 127. I went up -ANOTHER- pound.

What's happening here? What if I don't stop gaining? If I'm not done gaining by the end of these eight weeks, what do I do? :/

Replies

• Tahlij
    Tahlij Posts: 31 Member
    Have you read the stickies?! This is to be expected - I gained 8lb during my reset, first month of cut I lost 4lb and even more important...4 inches (plus felt a million time better, strong hair/nails, full of energy) I'm weighing in/measureing monthly which is working well for me. Please don't give up, it's just part of the process..

Good luck :)
  • Hi! Thanks for replying. Yeah, I read the stickies. I just was under the impression that towards the end of your reset, your weight is supposed to stall and then you start maintaining. Am I wrong in thinking this? I'm already at week 7, and apparently, I'm still going up.

See, if I gained only 8 lbs, I'd be just as peachy as you. :P Unfortunately, I've gained almost double of that. So, you know, it's quite stressful/frustrating. Not to mention, there seems to be no end in sight. I just keep going up.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    I still was gaining in the 9th week (yes I did 9 wks). But I didn't care. We HAVE to get out of the mind set of the scale defining us. You need to be measuring yourself and taking pictures. Yes, almost everyone gains during the reset, some more than others. But it will come off in time, not on your schedule, but when your body is ready to acknowledge that you won't starve it.

IF you are continuing to gain it maybe that you incorrectly judged your activity level, go by hours in a week only. Do not eat back exercise calories (they're already factored in) unless you up you work out and net under your BMR.

When are you ready to cut? Read further:

http://eatmore2weighless.com/metabolism-reset-how-much-longer/

Best wishes to you!