Two NSVs!

*Also posted in EM2WL forum*

I have a couple of things that I need to share. Last Friday hubby and I went out to get him dress clothes that he needs for his RN program. I thought that I'd try on a pair of jeans since mine were feeling a bit baggy. So I tried on the next size down and dropped that naggy "W" off of the end. And I tried an XL shirt on that I thought was cute. The jeans fit great! Woot - I don't think I'm entirely out of "W" territory yet, but I'm getting there. And the most annoying thing happened with the shirt. I had to walk all the way through the Misses section back to the rack to get a L instead of an XL. :D Granted, I think it ran a bit big, but still - it's been a long time since I had to go back for a SMALLER size!

My second NSV happened today. Normally my weekday training runs for my half marathon are 3 miles. Today I felt the need to do something different, so I decided to run 1 mile hard and see how long it took me. It's been a long time since I've timed a mile run. Back in February, when I first started running, I couldn't run a whole mile. I gradually got to the point where I could, but it was very slow - roughly a 14 minute mile. Today I ran a mile
10:54----UNDER 11 minute mile. I realize that to most of the running world this is not fast, but I feel absolutely thrilled with this time! Woot!

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Congratulations on both well deserved surprises!
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    So happy for you!! Both are very awesome NSVs :)
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    So awesome!!!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,374 Member
    WOWZERS!!!! Two really BIG NSVs in 1 week....I am so happy for you!!! That is Awesome!! :bigsmile:
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    that's awesomeee!!! fantastic NSVs. congrats hun!!!
  • Way to go! Just think...next time you post an NSV it may be that you had to go back to the rack again for an "L"!!! I love reading NSV's, thanks for sharing!

I had a couple this week too it felt amazing. Take in that feeling , you earned it!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Those are wonderful NSVs!!!! congrats!!
  • riouxt
    riouxt Posts: 104 Member
    Congrats. I'm looking forward to smaller sizes someday. :)