Intermittent fasting

Options
NeverGivesUp
NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
curious what you guys think about it?? I have been really happy so far but I have been only doing it 2 weeks. I lost all the weight I gained on holiday right away. Now I am really close to the lowest I have been. I have been on a plateau for months and the normal way isn't working for me. Fasting 2 days a week reminds me how small my tummy is too which is a benefit since portion control is my biggest weakness. Curious to hear what you guys think?? I also limit the time I eat on non fasting days from 12-6pm. I think even when I get down to goal weight I will continue fasting one day a week. Thoughts??

Replies

• minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I'd be worried about not getting my protein, if I get lazy and let it slip under 55 grams a day I lose clumps in the shower not just a few strands. I suppose though if it's working for you there is not reason to be concerned, me, I'm just paranoid.
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I could never do it, nor do I see the benefit for me, anyway. I love to eat. When I'm awake, I have to eat every 3 hours or I am famished.
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I would be so hungry I'd eat everything in sight. I don't think it would work for me, but if it works for you, keep going. Just listen carefully to your body to see if there are negative consequences.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone. I feel really great with fasting. Finally feel like something works for me. It has been torture finding my groove. Makes me feel like I just had my surgery and that was 10 years ago. It also reminds me how small my tummy is. I could never eat small meals throughout the day. I need to save my calories up for a big one. :) xxxooo hope you guys are all doing fabulously !!!
  • cinnygirl38
    cinnygirl38 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I couldn't do it. If I go too long between meals, I get shakey and ill!
  • HealthyDeb
    HealthyDeb Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Me too, shakey and ill. I have to eat something, preferably with protein in it, every 3 hrs or so.
  • pugmomma1951
    pugmomma1951 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would check with your Doctor about the fasting. It might depend upon the type of weight loss surgery you have had. If you surgery consists of a mal-absorption technique, I would definitely check with your surgeon about the fasting.