Stage 3 question

vicmonster
vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
I'm starting stage 3 today and dreading the longer rest time between sets. I know it's good for me and all that but wondering; what do others do during that rest time?

Replies

• MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Stand around like all the other guys in the weight room. LOL I catch my breath, because some of the moves are HARD. I shuffle my dumbells around and set up for the next set, too. And get a drink, and fill out my spreadsheet.

I will admit that I'm not the best at timing my rest -- I usually rest until I feel recovered and move to the next set. I find Stage 3 harder than 2, so I am taking more time to recover.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    I didn't really rest the full time. I just waited until my heart rate went back down and continued on. I also super set the ab work to keep it moving.
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Thanks! Just finished the first workout and it was AWESOME!
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    If I'm at home I watch my housemate do her set. In the gym I stand around, see what other people are doing, alter my weights & log what I have done on my phone.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    I usually just catch my breath, take a drink of water, wipe profuse amounts of sweat off my face & neck, and look around or switch my weights.

Like others, I superset the abs & cobras too. Then take the rest period before I start the next superset.