Reset...running and upping cals- a bit confused

riouxt
riouxt Posts: 104 Member
Finishing my first week of reset today and wondering how to account for the long runs I'm committed to keeping until after race day (Sept 9) where I will kick the long distances to the curb. I'm also doing the NROLFW and just into phase 1. Is there anything that you all can suggest for me? I am currently running one day, weights the next and then taking a rest day. Have a runners hip injury I'm trying massage and stretch through as well. Just wondering how to properly fuel (I'm getting in 140g of protein daily) with the weights and running so I dont break down too much valuable muscle on my runs (over an hour). I'm 5"4' and as of a week ago 166lbs. Right now both running and weights are suffering so just need some objective eyes to weigh in on how I could run a decent race and still do okay on the weights. All the research I've done says it's not compatible... Can you all weigh in? (figuratively of course...not WW style) Lol.

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    send SweatpantsRebellion or Raynn1a pm, they're both runners:wink:
  • riouxt
    riouxt Posts: 104 Member
    Thanks! I will!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Here:)

I actually made the decision to scale back on my running so I could give strength training a full shot. So I went from 3 days a week running to 1 or two. I do not have major long distance running under my belt as I have only run a handful of 5k races, but I do have a 10k this weekend I am looking forward to seeing what I can do.

If you are finding your runs are suffering because of the time committed to the weights, you may want to wait on NROL until after your sept 9 race... But if you do want to continue with both, you may have to lax a bit on your running and not expect your endurance to go up much.

For fuel, I make sure to have a protein shake after each activity, with at least 30g of protein in it. I drink this within 45 mins of working out. Stretch well and stay hydrated.
    With long runs, you need to make sure you NET above your BMR. so if you are burning more than the difference between your TDEE and your BMR, then make sure to eat back some cals..

Hope this helps some.. feel free to PM if you need me:)