month off for holidays?

Options
I am currently 1/2 way through phase 3 and can potentially get phase 4 done before I leave on holidays for a month. I will be traveling around europe and won't really have access to a gym to get my workouts in (and want to enjoy my trip and not worry so much about working out). Has anyone taken a month off in between? Did you feel like you lost some progress you had made?

Replies

• RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    I took almost a week off and was able to get back at the same progress but I would think after a month I would need to reevaluate my weights before I started at the same I had left off at the month prior.

Geez, that was a run on...LOL!!

Enjoy your trip, it sounds like it will be a fantastic adventure!!
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. Enjoy your vacation and when you get back, try picking up where you left off. If you can't do it, no biggie, back the weights down a bit and you'll be back up in no time.

Have a great time!
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I took a week off between stages & found I could lift MORE when I came back to it. I imagine after a month there will be some loss of strength, just go into where you left off, maybe drop the weights a bit & see how it feels, you can always adjust.
  • theginnyray
    theginnyray Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I recently took a month off between Stages 2 and 3 for vacation and schedule issues. It really bugged me at first (A MONTH off! Oh the horror!!!), but I then I realized that I didn't take up NROL to just do the program and stop weight lifting, I started it to learn about weight lifting for life (good lord that sounds cheesy). For me, there will always be snags that stop me from hitting the gym for a few days, weeks, or even a month. So, as soon as my schedule allowed, I jumped back in and started Stage 3. I don't feel like I lost a bunch of strength, but it's hard to judge since my break was also between stages, and each stage has different movements.

Your trip sounds fantastic, go and enjoy it. The weight room will still be here when you get back. :-)