intake after surgery ??

Options
momma_4boys
momma_4boys Posts: 36 Member
Hi, I've been actively trying to lose weight for just over a month and had some success and some stalls already. My initial goal was to lose as much as I could before the end of this month (Tuesday to be exact) before I go in for surgery (pelvic floor repair and hysterectomy). So I'm down 13lbs, most lost early on with no real loss the past couple weeks when I drastically lowered my calories. I see already that is NOT the way for me to lose weight. I need to eat more and up my metabolism (stop skipping meals) and get off my rear and move more.

I just looked at Scooby and upped my calorie goal to 1700 but now what about next week and the 6 weeks of recovery time when I'm not moving much but need to heal my body? Am I going to burn more while my body is working to heal me? I just don't know what calorie level to use to make sure I'm not gaining back the 13lbs I already lost and also not jeopardizing my healing process. I'm also pretty sure I'll have some good water weight from the IV's and all that, is there anything I can do to get rid of it faster. I held onto my water weight after my last surgery 7yr ago on my back for many weeks when it should have come off naturally in days.

Thanks for any help you can give!!