what would you change/do differently?

Options
I am about to start insanity, and would love to get some great tips on keeping my head in the game.

With that in mind, if you could go back and tell yourself anything on day 1 of insanity, or make one change to improve how you did the programme, what would you do/say/recommend?

Replies

• geo1437
    geo1437 Posts: 38
    Options
    Don't try to keep up with everyone in the video at first. That was the mistake i made. What makes that an even bigger mistake for me personally is i was SOOOO out of shape when i started insanity i was totally gased at the end of the warm up, which led to poor form and complete exhaustion when i got the the heart of the work out. Go at you own pace and make sure your form is spot on, and you will not only feel and see the results, but soon enough you will be keeping up with everyone that is on the dvd
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Oh, I disagree actually...I wish I would have worked harder from the first day. I think I was apprehensive and wanted to "save some energy for later in the exercise" and I am actually STILL mad at myself b/c I know I didn't get as much as I could have out of those first 2 or 3 days, and I'm in week 6. :) I figure if I'm putting in the TIME, I should get the most out of it.
  • SharYoung0831
    Options
    Take it easy, push yourself but don't make yourself sick! Find out your max heart rate, get a HRM and make sure you're in your target zone! Focus and push forward!
  • Vx3_
    Vx3_ Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Eat enough carbs before starting.
    Use a HRM (which I do) to track your appoximate burn
    Drink plenty of fluids
    Go at your own pace, but do challenge yourself as the speed progresses (I did it, and still was sore)
    Listen to your breathing, and make sure it has a pattern!!!
    Wait an hour after eating minimum to work out due to intensity (I puked 3 times with pure cardio!)
    Record yourself working out! I use my laptop, and after I clean up, I watch the video to see any errors I made so I can do better next time.

-Hope it helps!!
  • shopper3692
    shopper3692 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Make sure you keep correct form the entire time to prevent injury and keep your core tight so you will continually be working your core!
    Have fun!!! And Dig Deeper! :)
  • littlemissmo83
    littlemissmo83 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    These are all amazing tips, thank you so much. Also I have a bit of a Shaun T crush - always an extra motivator to keep pushing play! ;)

I am loving it and after re-starting ( i had someone come to stay so didnt have the lounge to workout for 3 days) I am on Pure Cardio today, which I have to say has me nervous BUT if I can get through week 1 I can get through to week 4 as its just rinse and repeat with more effort.

I am using my HRM and gettng up to about 185max on the HR and usually stay in the zone for about 20 minutes so I have something to work on until I am in it for the full length of the DVD.

How long did you get through it before you started seeing some results - am going to take pics but I think I might not weigh until Day 60 is done. I don't want to get stuck on monitoring the scales.

Thanks again everyone x
  • phatycake
    Options
    I ate around 1200-1300 cals the first month and never lost a lb! I started eating 1700-1800 cals on the second month and now I'm down 5 lbs. Be sure to eat enough.=]