Underestimate TDEE....should I up my cal again?

splashblob
splashblob Posts: 249 Member
Hello, I post this in the metabolic reset thread already but seeing it is quite quiet there, so I figure I'd create another thread here too.

I finally got Fitbit this week and have been using it since Monday, it's Thursday afternoon where I am now. Fitbit usually give me 200kcal higher than the result scooby sites shows. Then again, I have gained 4-5lb since the reset, so the TDEE is surely going to be higher as usual? I also more active this week and have to go out and eat out a lot-hopefully I guess its calories right and am not screw up the reset.

I don't know should I switch to use the TDEE number from Fitbit or not, and I should stick with the TDEE that Scooby's sites give me.

Also, If I have to upping my cal again, do I have to reset it for another 8 weeks? I have already been on resetting for 3-4 weeks now, I do really hope I don't have to redo it again.

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Get your average burn from fitbit.com for the week.
    I compare an entire month.

Then cut from that number.
    I dont sync my fitbit because if my MFP settings.
    You can get an idea of your daily burn by noon every day.

So if you burn 2500-3k then cut 15-20% off that and enjoy your fat burn.
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    Thanks to the answer, I am however still halfway on the eating the the reset though. Still about 4-5 weeks to go. So far, I still have some questions though;

Do I have to up my cal to the current TDEE fitbit gave me-it is within 1700kcal, but it's the TDEE after I have gain 4 lb already or I should to stick with the TDEE scooby sites gave me before I start the reset with my original weight-1461kcal?

Also If I have to up my cal, do I have to restart doing the reset for another 8 weeks? :(

Or I can start upping my cals right now and I can do it to 4-5 weeks?

When it's time to cut, it should be -15% of the current TDEE with the latest result of my weight after I do the reset for 6-8 weeks, right?

Or the original TDEE when I first do a reset?