Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Staying in the same place :(

I have started the C25K program along with everyone else it seems but do not understand why my weight loss has stalled. I am getting plenty of exercise and I am staying under goal but I have weighed the exact same thing on the scale for 7 days in a row. This is great if I was maintaining but I still have about 80 pounds to goal. The first 55 went quick but I don't think I will ever see my number roll over to 60 lbs lost. Confused as to why it has stalled and also wondering if anyone has experienced this or can give me some advice to help make the numbers move again.

Replies

• alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    gosh, that happened to me for 2 weeks! I was getting so frustrated, especially since I had just started, and it usually comes off fast at first. I just became even more dilifent, and now it is coming through. By taking a sneak peak, I have lost 7 pounds in a week---but I know that it is just normal fluctuations.
    Be patient---it will come!
  • lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Ok I don't think it is time to panic 7 days isn't really long enough to classify this as a plateau. If I were you I would change things up maybe change your diet eating fewer carbs or keep a closer eye on your salt intake. Also change your exercise or up your intensity. If you like to walk/run add a day or two on the elliptical or a class. Add an incline etc. You can even measure your food to make sure you aren't eating more than you think. That might help your scale move again. Just a few ideas.
  • chrissy198727
    chrissy198727 Posts: 75 Member
    I agree with Lissa, it is only 7 days. For one, you should try and only weigh in one day a week. I am addicted to the scale, so I took the sale away from my home, and only weigh at the gym. Keep going don't stop, it will catch up.