craving something sweet this eve!

Options
xMillyLouisex
xMillyLouisex Posts: 171 Member
craving something sweet like chocolate or something, bt dont have much in the house, my partners going down the shop to buy something for him, what can i tell him to get that im allowed without shooting my carbs up?
:)

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    sugar free jello with heavy cream (not sweetened) on top.
  • cartrat
    cartrat Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    sugar free chocolate?

ooh! bacon chocolate? whole foods sells these chocolate bars (expensive but delightful) and one of them is milk chocolate with bacon bits. only like 4g of carbs for a square.
  • mahlerosa
    Options
    Have you heard of Chocolate Delight?
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Today I found sugar free chocolate chips. Malitol but meh.
    I also found a bag of low calorie sugar in a sugar bag for under $3. Both in the walmart baking isle.
  • my_bleu
    my_bleu Posts: 12
    Options
    breyers carb smart chocolate ice cream bars..... mmmmmm.... and only like 3 net carbs each I think
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    breyers carb smart chocolate ice cream bars..... mmmmmm.... and only like 3 net carbs each I think
    Totally, I love the almond ones!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Ooh I didn't know there were low carb ice cream bars....or rather I guess I didn't think about it!
  • xMillyLouisex
    Options
    im in uks havnt heard of any of that stuff :( except for jelly and cream tho which sounds amazing buuutt BACON CHOCOLATE r u kidding me, i NEEEEED some of this in my life!!!! ive got a delivery from a special online low carb shop and i ordered sugar free sweets and low carb biscuits etc so when i do crave something sweet next time il have supplies ;)
    x
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Yummymummy is in the UK, like me- we don't have 'low carb' products to hand in the supermarkets (have to go online if we want those)

Here's what I do for my sweet cravings:

Cheesecake mousse (1 portion)

Whipped cream (approx 60ml)
    Full Fat cream cheese (approx 40g)
    Splenda (or truvia or stevia) about 1 tsp or to taste

with one of the following:

- Unsweetened cocoa powder (chocolate mousse)
    - Cocoa powder & orange extract (chocolate orange)
    - Cocoa powder & mint extract (mint choc)
    - Raspberry extract.
    - lemon extract (my fave- so creamy & refreshing!!) or use fresh lemon zest & juice
    - Lime juice & zest - key lime pie esque!

Or make the basic cheesecake mousse recipe and add some fresh or frozen berries (frozen fruits of the forest make a delicious 'ice cream' taste).

or make a fruit or chocolate MIM and have with whipped/runny cream:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/453964-low-carb-muffin-in-a-minute

or these chocolate & nut energy truffles are good for a snack with a cuppa:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/689756-chocolate-nut-energy-truffles-2-net-carbs-each

Or if you are craving a 'bar' of chocolate boots sells Atkins chcolate bars- though it is advised to not eat these during Atkins induction. I figure if you are doing this long term, 1 bar wont hurt you :o)
  • xMillyLouisex
    Options
    ahhhhhh omg they all sound amazing, espesh the cheesecake mousse, trying it tonight, cant wait! i so love u! lol!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    forgot to say the flavourings are available in all larger supermarkets in the baking section (morrisons, tesco, sainsbury, asda etc) and are in the little bottles.