How much did you loose doing the 2 week pre-op diet?

Options
ErinShannon
ErinShannon Posts: 158 Member
For those that had to follow a high protein liquid diet for two weeks before your surgery, I am curious how much weight you lost in those two weeks?

Thanks,
Erin

Replies

• Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    11 pounds.
  • Mrbusterb
    Mrbusterb Posts: 114
    Options
    27 pounds
  • danne32339
    danne32339 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 ponds.
  • pjmcinnis
    pjmcinnis Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Mine was three weeks and my surgery was the 5th of January so just imagine how much fun that was... I lost the 15 lbs I had gained when I quit smoking (as ordered and required)!
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I think it was like 17lbs
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    about 10lb BUT i was being super good the week before so minus the water weight so yay x :bigsmile:
  • donna_l_49
    donna_l_49 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I lost 9 pounds pre-op
  • TheBestSR
    TheBestSR Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 in those 2 weeks but prior to that I had lost 10 since my surgical consult. It was nice going into the procedure already 20 lbs. down.
  • reneeckoch62
    Options
    I lost 10lb and 20 since my surgery in June.
  • Newbody72
    Newbody72 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I lost 17 lbs
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    10 lbs during 2 week liquid diet phase but a a total of 39.4 in the 4 months of complete pre-op from the time of my first surgery consult and nutrition class to surgery date.
  • mamaholt80
    Options
    17 lbs during 2 week liquid diet .

5285557.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • smokeywolf57
    Options
    gee I never weighed myself the day before my surgery. all I have is my 2 week before and my 2 week after.

now I wish I would have gone on a scale. lol
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself the morning before surgery, and then three days later, the morning after I got home from the hospital. I had gained 12 pounds! I felt like I had just been robbed! Obviously it went away real quick, but that was a real kick in the teeth.
  • miss_erynn
    miss_erynn Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    17lbs baby!
    those were the worst 2 weeks of my life................ and I'll admit, I cheated.
    The night before I started the 2 weeks, I went to Tucker's Marketplace and ate til I literally could not walk anymore, LOL. I was good for about 3 days....then the hunger kicked in. Every other day I would sneak in cucumbers or fruit of some sort, so at least it wasn't a BAD cheat. Except once. I went to a friend's BBQ with the boyfriend. I caved and ate a hamburger (when I was still a a carnivore)...............I still lost 17lbs! It prob would have been more if I hadn't have cheated, but 17 is still damn good!
  • msronnell
    msronnell Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am on day one, just finished my 1st day of these shakes, I was wondering the same thing, I'm glad you asked. My surgery has not been scheduled yet, I go into my last pre-op appt (before surgical consult, but was asked to start the 2 week liquid diet now. I dont have a very big support group so figured I'd get into on on MFP.
  • Butlavie
    Butlavie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I lost 12 lbs but I didnt have to do the entire 14 days because i went to surgery early so I did that in about 10 days.
  • Butlavie
    Butlavie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello welcome
    this is a great resource and I made a lot of new friends; even in my area.
  • kasmusic3PA
    kasmusic3PA Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I started my surgery appointments the end of May 2012, and by the time I got to doing the 2 week pre-op diet I had already lost 30 pounds then I lost another 10 pounds during the 2 weeks pre-op, which totaled 40 pounds before surgery.
    I have lost another 21 pounds since surgery. I didn't cheat at all, which was amazing because I was a big stress eater.
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind everyone will lose weight on the 2 week liquid pre-op but as my NUT told me this week, it is not about losing weight during this phase that is important since that is certainly going to occur post surgery. It is all about cleaning out your system to get ready for surgery and most importantly reducing the size of the liver by running out all the sugar, fat etc so you can have the most successful surgery and reduce risk of complications. I have been losing some weight now since I started this process which I am of course happy about, but that is not my goal right now. Just trying to work on the good habits I will have to implement post surgery like slowing down my eating, no drinking before/after meals, reducing portion sizes, eating protein first............ but that is just me.