My strategy worked!!!

Options
sspahn49
sspahn49 Posts: 49 Member
I am down 3 lbs this AM, finally busted out of plateau!! I increased protein, reduced carbs and added back some fat to my diet. I have been on WW and was using a lot of fat-free, sugar-free foods which are full of chemicals. I eliminated them and replaced them with good fats and carbs and it has made a diffenence. MFP breaks down the food into categories which WW does not, so I could see where I was lacking. Going on vacation tomorrow, hope I can maintain.

Replies

• maryinnc
    maryinnc Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    That's great, good for you! i understand what you say when you said you decreased the processed food and added real food including fat back into your program. That has been working for me as well. Good luck!
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Nothing better for you than eating wholesome foods. Processed foods have so much junk in them, I try to stay away from them as much as possible. I do have one occasionally, but not too often. It is not hard to cook chicken, have a salad with a vinegarette dressing and a vegetable like green greens. I use the crock pot a lot to cook chicken so I have lots for a few days. You can use various spices to your liking to make it different. Also, soups with lots of veggies is also good and can be done in a crock pot to. Winter is coming so soup is a great meal starter. Good luck to you in your journey for a better and healthier life.:flowerforyou:
  • goodvictory
    Options
    Got a good recipe for slow cooker chicken?
  • kusterer
    kusterer Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Congratulations sspahn49! I have been leaning in the same direction, especially getting rid of those totally artificial fiber/protein/energy/balance/whatever bars.