Week 1 of Paleo = Success!

Options
lmr9
lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
Today marks the completion of my first week Paleo, and I'm so pleased! This was my experience this past week:
- Lost 1.8 pounds!
- Felt a little tired and fuzzy, but not bad at all, I really can't complain about that.
- For the past 6-12 months I've been eating around 1,500 net calories per day. This week I lowered it to 1,200 net calories, but I felt so satisfied!
- Did not feel the urge/craving to snack as much as before. In the past, I would have snack-attacks in the afternoons, then again late night right before bed. Those are gone now - and I hope they STAY gone!
- Really hasn't been hard to follow. Does take time and preparation, but I don't find it difficult to find foods to eat. There is such a variety of meats/poultry/seafoods and fruits and vegetables that I don't feel deprived at all.
- For the first time in my life, I drank coffee WITHOUT SUGAR! I have still been allowing myself a splash of real half-and-half, but that's the only dairy I've been consuming.

BTW, this Primal/Paleo Support Group is hand's down the best group on MFP! Many thanks to all of you who have befriended and supported me so far! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• epcooper
    epcooper Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hooray! So proud of you!! I'm finishing my "transition" this weekend (read: I'm finally completely out of beans), and I'm so ready to just jump in and do it! My husband gets back from Afghanistan in 2 weeks, so there might be a little upheaval then, but I've convinced him to try primal with me for at least a month. I need to hurry up and get a head start on him!
  • sataylor24
    sataylor24 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That's great! I am on day 9 myself of Primal. I don't think that Paleo is an option for me, I like my yogurt too much. I have switched to plain Greek yogurt 1/2 cup serving per day but don't think that I can cut that completely out.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I see this as motivation, I can do this!!
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    That is great! Glad you are doing well!!